SASS Wire Forum

My new BB gun.

I went and bought a new Daisy Red Rider 70th Anniversary BB gun yesterday...sort of a protest agains the new "lets paint toys guns pretty colors syndrome" sweeping our state...and I gotta tell you, I'm really disappointed.

Poorly made of inferior materials.

A cheap, easily-broken, and totally ugly SAFETY.

A POS sticker on the stock to tell folks it's a "commemorative".

A front end loading system that's nothing like I remember from my original.

Dark, plastic finished wood that looks painted, not stained.

A really stiff and nasty thong (Which I have already replaced) on the saddle ring.

A box covered with warnings and information in English and Spanish.

It's not a REAL Daisy Red Rider BB gun, it's a remodeled, PC fake..

Disappointed. :angry:

I have one too that I bought a few years ago. At least it has a wooden stock, but the rest is pretty sad. I also have a real old JC Higgins that was pretty cool. Even has a fake hammer, Plastic woodgrain stock. I had it hanging up in my reloading room and went out to do some loading the other day and it was on the floor! Fell down butt first and broke the plastic stock. Probably never be able to find another one.

I went and bought a new Daisy Red Rider 70th Anniversary BB gun yesterday...sort of a protest agains the new "lets paint toys guns pretty colors syndrome" sweeping our state...and I gotta tell you, I'm really disappointed.

A really stiff and nasty thong (Which I have already replaced) on the saddle ring.

My son bought one several years ago that's a bit nicer than what you describe. Still, it's not like what I remember as a kid.

Just don't shoot your eye out!

I hate to ask this, 4T, but... was it made in China...? :(

The Kid won one at a Ducks Unlimited dinner many years ago... still has it hangin' in his bedroom over a poster of Rooster Cogburn, with a caption beneath it sayin' "You'll shoot yer eye out, Kid!" ;)

The Kid won one at a Ducks Unlimited dinner many years ago... still has it hangin' in his bedroom over a poster of Rooster Cogburn, with a caption beneath it sayin' "You'll shoot yer eye out, Kid!" ;)

I want that poster! :lol:

bb's old and kinda new

I gave my grand daughter the old RR bb gun at the bottom of the pix, and a few years later it this old cowboys heart good to be sitting in the living room and watch my granddaughter fly into the house muttering something under her breath about dang catz, and grabbed her "new" bb gun and was cocking it as she was running fer the back door....only to be followed with a blaze of "piffs", and a heard of squealing catz making for the back fence.....came back in and wiped down her rifle and placed it back in her room and returned to play with the rest of the kidz like the lady she is.

Made my heart swell with pride.....

curley

ps:when they moved to Milasyia she asked me to take care of her gunz while she was gone...

Well - I agree, the quality is sad....but the dang guns are fun to shoot still - we have put a thousand BB's through this one (mostly me :lol: ) and it's still shootin'

Here's Sassy Sunshine and her 'pink' Red Ryder

http://www.youtube.com/user/GunnerGatlin#p/a/u/2/Me-uc17h6yE

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Honest to God, I'm afraid to look. It would break my heart it I found out it was Chinese.

And THIS is the Daisy I had as a younker... :rolleyes: Envy of the neighborhood and scourge of rogue beer cans, I wuz~! ^_^

You need and eye Patch.. lol.. I have a metal sign that I got at a meeting.. It says Daisy, RED RYDER.. do you need that to fix you pain? lol.. I will make sure you get it if you do.. lol Deja..

Won't help and I ain't got room enough left to hang a tobacco tag, but thanks for the offer.

Lol.. then an eye patch.. I can make ya one.. rotfl.. come on forties you know you want one.. lol.

Yeah, like I want a barbed wire jock strap. :rolleyes:

Done.. I will make you one of those too,... lol

Archived