SASS Wire Forum

Today

I have a feeling I will be this weekend. No mask, no cowboy hat, no white horse. Ear protection, boonie hat and orange tractor instead.

I hate grass! Hate it I say!! :angry:

When we bought this house (1977) I told my wife that I'd live in a cardboard box in a culvert under the highway and eat whatever I could beg before I'd mow the lawn. That gave her some options: A new husband, a concrete yard, or a lawn care guy.

We're still in the house together, we have a considerable amount of concrete...and the best looking lawn in the neighborhood..., and Francisco gets a check every month. He's the fifth lawn care guy...and far and away the best... we've had.

I always managed to pay someone, even when I was out of work or eating generic corn flakes with canned milk and water, and cheap bulk veggies.

I sold my lawn mower 30 years ago and have only a few basic gardening tools for the flower beds and shrubs. I don't even use them much.

If I can escape, so can you. :P

I hate grass! Hate it I say!! :angry:

After being in the sandbox, I don't complain about it one bit. A friend of mine tells about coming back from Desert Storm and landing in England. When they opened the door, the first thing they smelled was freshly mowed grass. Evidently more than one guy had tears come to his eyes.

I use a zero turn mower. I have a little more that a acre and it only takes me 50 min. With my lawn tractor it took me over 2 1/2 hours.Lot of trees to go around.Dont like to weed eat .

Well Blue, me too, sorta. I was more of a Weed Ranger and Stump Digger. I've spent three days in a row mowing weeds and am still not done.

The pain feels rather invigorating. NOT! ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS Why "tool boy" would buy a driving mower without 4wd on hilly land is beyond me... :wacko::rolleyes:

PPS I didn't know mowers made divots. :unsure:

PPS I only had to be towed out six times in three days. :lol:

Archived