SASS Wire Forum

Geaux Tigers!

While I don't like the picture of the soldier in uniform shouting at the protestor, or the fact that he was pelted by water balloons and ice, I do certainly approve of the counter demonstration.

Haas organized the protest in response to the arrest of fellow LSU student Isaac Eslava, who was charged last week for taking the American flag at the Baton Rouge campus’ historic War Memorial and burning it hours after news of Usama bin Laden’s killing by U.S. Navy Seals.

The 10-by-15 flag burned by Eslava flew atop a 102-foot pole 24 hours a day at the campus and honors all the war dead from LSU. Police said there was about $7,530 worth of damage at the memorial and called it very "coincidental" that the event took place so soon after bin Laden's death.

“I think that (Haas') goal from this protest was to have LSU drop charges (against Eslava) and handle the matter internally,” Ballard said.

Haas said in his statement that he “initially began this flag burning protest to define due process for students and suspected terrorists alike,” The Daily Reveille reported. “Solidarity means standing with those who are treated as guilty until proven innocent, instead of the other day around.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/11/lsu-student-surrounded-thousands-protesters-attempting-burn-american-flag/#ixzz1M94XMqpv

I guess his idea of "due process" doesn't include arrest and having charges filed. I wonder how he would rather have the State proceed?

Throwing ice could have been dangerous, but the water balloons I can agree with. Call them improvised fire suppression units.

I guess his idea of "due process" doesn't include arrest and having charges filed. I wonder how he would rather have the State proceed?

Throwing ice could have been dangerous, but the water balloons I can agree with. Call them improvised fire suppression units.

And you point is? Lead might have been more approprate. :FlagAm:

I was happy to see the youth of today stand up to this clown. After hearing of Bin Laden's death last week another guy stole the LSU flag and burned the American flag there at the campus. It makes me mad that people choose to do that to a county in which they enjoy all the spoils of their life. What makes me even more mad is when people from other countries come here and benefit from our colleges and then take their knowledge back to their home country and use it to try and hurt Americans.

Im glad this would be flag burner was chased off and hope he realizes how dumb he was being in the first place.

And you point is? Lead might have been more approprate. :FlagAm:

That's what they'd do in Libya. I think water balloons are more appropriate for the US.

Looks like the feller should have headed to Berkeley instead of Baton Rouge. :lol:

I really need to work on my humor.

Now, that's funny right there, Doc! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived