SASS Wire Forum

PHOTOS from GEORGIA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Guest Sugah

Guest Sugah

Oh my gosh Sugah, you have a great talent for the seeing beauty in everything ! ! Fast Eddie called me this morning to tell me that your link was up. He said I wouldn't believe how super the pictures are. I do believe it because everywhere we have shot together in the past, your pictures showed me more of what I had experienced than I could remember seeing. These are wonderful - they show off the range and, much more importantly, the million smiles we shared. Thank you so much. Witch Doctor

SUGAH Thanx for the great job on the Pics, you outdid yourself on this bunch.

Sugah

I remember looking at some of your work from the Ambush at Cavern Cove. Good then and even better now. You really are extraordinarily talented with that camera. Thanks so much for your contribution to my enjoyment of the Roundup at River Bend.

Cassalong Hopidy

Kid Nama and I were unable to make the match but the pictures sure helped us feel like we were there. We hated missing out for several reasons but mainly for our friends and getting a chance at shooting one of our favorite ranges.

Kid Nama and I were unable to make the match but the pictures sure helped us feel like we were there. We hated missing out for several reasons but mainly for our friends and getting a chance at shooting one of our favorite ranges.

You missed a fine match!

Great pics Sugah, thanks!

Sugah,

I looked at your photos this morning and you certainly have the eye behind the camera. You have excellent compostition capturing pictorial excitement. Best of all your subject matter is varied including shots most people never consider. So you know I studied photography at University of California and have shot lots of film so know I hope my words are true.

I am a huge fan of the Zone System. Ansel Adams created the concept using varying tones of grey from the whitest white to the blackest black, best said the presence or absence of light thus a metering system for black and white photography.

For a quick meter reading we read the light of the palm of our hand which is middle gray then open or close an Fstop or two or shutter speed. Fred Picker authored "The Zone System" capturing the essence and simplifying Ansel's brilliant black and white metering system. This is a must read as it teaches the concepts of metering for the shadows (B&W) vs metering for high lights in color photography. Both of which has all but disappeared due to digital photo technology. Still an excellent read. Possibly you've studied Ansel's books "The Print" or "The Negative". I suggest "The Negative" but Fred's is my first choice of the three.

Thanks again my dear friends.

F8 and be there!

risin'

We missed ya' and you missed a good match........

Hi Stoney and Nama, we missed you for sure. I should have the applications for next year ready in a month or so ! I am so proud of how the River Bend team performed this year...there was a very hard working bunch of cowboys, up on our hill, who did a great job. Sugah managed to catch about 1600 smiles in these wonderful photos...See you soon, somewhere. I think our next out of towner will be in Kentucky. Witch Doctor

The only matches Nama and I will be able to make this year look like the one in Griffin June 11/12 and the S.E. Regional. You can believe I am catching grief from Nama for my crazy 2011 schedule. All my obligations should be satisfied by February of 2012 and we will be back on the "circuit".

Please note I have encouraged Nama to go to matches without me but thus far to no avail. I told her I would not hesitate to go without her, of course, I would be sad.

Is it just me or does Sidekick look like an action figure in this shot? :D

I was trying to figure out how he managed to be fast enough to win the match, yet slow enough that I left him behind. It turns out that after the buzzer went off, he discovered he had a rock in his boot. When I finished shooting my rifle and shotgun and headed to the other end of the wagon to shoot my pistols, he went over to the berm, sat down, unlaced his boot, took it off, got the rock out, put his boot back on, laced it up, stood up, and arrived at the other end of the wagon before I fired my first pistol. How's that for a tall tale? :D

Thanks to (my) Sugah for toting that camera around, snapping photos and for the many hours she spends cropping, adjusting and uploading the photos so we can all relive the good times. For anyone who does not know, she makes these photos available to whomever wants them for a grand total of...free. Just remember when you see her: Smile, she'll make ya famous! :)

I was trying to figure out how he managed to be fast enough to win the match, yet slow enough that I left him behind. It turns out that after the buzzer went off, he discovered he had a rock in his boot. When I finished shooting my rifle and shotgun and headed to the other end of the wagon to shoot my pistols, he went over to the berm, sat down, unlaced his boot, took it off, got the rock out, put his boot back on, laced it up, stood up, and arrived at the other end of the wagon before I fired my first pistol. How's that for a tall tale? :D

Thanks to (my) Sugah for toting that camera around, snapping photos and for the many hours she spends cropping, adjusting and uploading the photos so we can all relive the good times. For anyone who does not know, she makes these photos available to whomever wants them for a grand total of...free. Just remember when you see her: Smile, she'll make ya famous! :)

Well Buck, I was gonna accuse him of hanging back :ph34r: , hittin on Sugah :wub: while you was preoccupied with shootin, til I realized that wasn't Sugah standin down at the other end behind Sidekick! :o Well, duh, Sugah would be on the OTHER side of the camera! :blush:

Seriously though, Fannie and I have had literally hours of enjoyment perusing (your) Sugah's photos over the last few years. Give that girl a hug from both of us tonight! We're headed for Dodger and Lilly B. Havens home club for their annual match this weekend. Wish ya'll were gonna be there as well!

ORRRRRRRR did he hafta pull a hull outta yer shotgun!? :lol:

Sugar, I nominate you as the official photographer of SASS! I believe you should shoot free at most major matches for all your hard work! Of course Buck D. Law is still full price :lol:

Wonderful job, I wish I could take pictures like that. Sugah, what kind of camera do you use? My wife and I are in the market for a new one, and I need some ideas. Thanks.

Well I feel left out. Clicked on the links and it only said page cannot be found

Archived