SASS Wire Forum

CBS Gun Vote in CCW Article

Texas Senate approves bill to allow CCW holders to carryin college classrooms. Buried in the story is a poll about whether you think this is a good iea or not.

Also interesting is picture unrelated to the bill showing Gov. Perry firing a sixshooter at some other event. Makes you wonder why they did not use a photo from VT instead???

CBS News -> Texas Senate approves guns in college classrooms

Yup - just voted....but we are in the Minority (of course it is a CBS liberal media poll)

Oh - since we are on the subject

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greeenriver#p/a/f/0/hwjJRkB1nrA

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I find it interesting that the one State Senator who opposes it that CBS mentions was a UT student in 1966. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a number of armed citizens help keep the Bell Tower Sniper from killing more than he did by shooting back at him? If I remember correctly, one of them was a professor with his deer rifle? I have just read about it, since I was about 6 months old when it occurred.

Caption said he was shooting blanks.
Yes, it does. Still the photo has nothing to do with the story. The bill has not even made its way to the Texas House yet. Why didn't CBS select a picture of a "No Guns" sign on a college campus or a student with a gun rack, etc? Anything with themes like that would be fit and support the story.

If CBS had shown a picture of Perry at function with college students who wanted guns on campus, that would fit with the story. The picture they had really needed a caption about where CBS got the photo since it had no relationship with their story other than it had Perry with a pistol.

I think most of us can guess why CBS selected that particular photo. Just be sure when you tell others about this article you ask them if they can figure out why CBS selected that picture...

I found it especially arrogant that the Texas legislators allowed themselves the privilege of CCW where other permit holders are prohibited from doing so. I'm just not convinced their judgement is any better than mine in such circumstances.

Archived