SASS Wire Forum

Never Had This Happen -

Bama Red

Rode my motorcycle up to Franklin (TN) yesterday for the first of a series of tests prior to my surgery on the 31st of this month at the Vanderbilt Bone & Joint Clinic. Even though it was a tad warm (88*), I wore my leathers (safety first - all the gear, all the time). Of course, my vest has various patches on it, among which are one that says "US Army Vet" and another that says "US Navy Vet".

I ate lunch at a Steak & Shake near the hospital and as I left, the lady at the booth next to mine said "Thank you for your service." I was a little surprised until I remembered the vest patches and recovered enough to thank her. When I got to the register, there was an unusually large crowd of employees waiting around. One of them said, "Sir, an anonymous donor has paid for your meal, because you're a Vet."

I gotta admit, I was more than a little overwhelmed. Never had anything like that happen before - must have been a good bit of pollen in the air, cause my eyes were waterin' when I left the restaurant.

A well deserved response to your service. :FlagAm:

Good to see and hear that our free citizens recognise and appreciate the sacrifice and service our military have made and given.

Had it happen a couple of times. Always seems to happen when my allergies are kicking in too.

Amen, Buck! And I'll be happy to spring for a meal to any service member or Vet next opportunity I get.

I've done it on other occasions and I see no reason to stop now.

Amen, Buck! And I'll be happy to spring for a meal to any service member or Vet next opportunity I get.

I've done it on other occasions and I see no reason to stop now.

Good on ya. Enjoy the time and pass it forward.

Cascade Charlie

Bama,

Had that happen a while back by one of my customers. It was the first time (outside of my family) that someone said that to me. Yes, my eyes were tearing up. I have purchased many a meal for a vet and will continue to do so. Thanks for your service pard.

Archived