SASS Wire Forum

Another poser!

Full Article! :angry:

One thing the SEALS do very well is expose fakers. There numbers are so small it's pretty easy to check the stories of jerks like this Jim Moats. They have been pretty busy running down posers since the bin Laden raid.

A pastor who regaled family and parishioners with tales from his time in the Navy SEALs is backtracking after his story turned out to be nothing more than a self-described "ego-booster," according to reports.

Rev. Jim Moats, a 59-year-old pastor at the Christian Bible Fellowship Church in Newville, Pa., was exposed after The Patriot-News interviewed him for a story about life in the elite force.

It didn't take long for readers to spot the missing elements in Moats' account.

"His story was full of gaping holes that any SEAL could see straight through,” explained Jason Ertola, 39, in an email to The Patriot-News. “It is very infuriating to have these posers claim the honor that many good men have earned and died for.”

Don Shipley, a retired SEAL who says he has access to the database containing the names of all SEALs, told The Patriot-News that the pastor was never part of the team and had never served in Vietnam, another claim by Moats.

Yeah - and I was a spaceman - honest :wacko: , but nobody believes me :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I thought that was space cadet? :unsure:

Well, he was in the Navy, and thus he did serve with seals, as well as dolphins. Just not the capital-letter seals....

Interesting, the SEAL who called him out says they get a surprising number of parsons; the story helps build the congregation.

I served with the seals; the notary seals, that is! And I have the seal to prove it....

OOOOOOOOOO yes we do too.

We're not sure where you're from originally. :D

Geez...come to think of it...I'm not sure either :(

I gotta find my birth certificate :P

These people are leeches. Worse than leeches. Leeches can't help what they are. :angry:

These people are leeches. Worse than leeches. Leeches can't help what they are. :angry:

+2

Geez...come to think of it...I'm not sure either :(

I gotta find my birth certificate :P

Is it from Hawaii?? :o:P

I'm actually a Civil War hero, I served with distinction under General Lee and was wounded 62 times at Gettysburg. I age very, very slowly....honest :lol:

If'n he lied about that.....how can he be believed fer anything else; or expect anyone to believe what he's preaching from now on?

Not me fer one...........

If'n he lied about that.....how can he be believed fer anything else; or expect anyone to believe what he's preaching from now on?

Not me fer one...........

It seems he's posing as a preacher too :huh:

Archived