SASS Wire Forum

Well now that just about tears it.

Sitting here, wading through the 147 pages of the 2011/2012 Washington State Fishing Regs.

Not much has changed, most of it is just a rehash from last year and the year before that.

A few changes, but after digesting 147 pages I probably won't recognize them anyway.

BUT, and there is always a but, just happened to read the web page for the WDFW and noticed

a BAN ON LEAD WEIGHTS IN LAKES THAT HAVE LOONS PRESENT.

Now I could tie a rock on my line and use that. I don't have an issue with the loons. I don't even

have an issue with the lead.

What I do have an issue with, is that first of all 147 pages? Give me a break. These people want to micromanage everything from a kids swimming pool to Puget Sound and beyond. I listened to a retired

WSFW tell me that Cutthroat were native to the mountain lakes, Rainbows to the lowland lakes, and everything else was a illegal transplant. That may well be true, but guess what, they are here. If they could ever get their minds around the idea that since we have a mixed bag in the lakes, why not let nature deal with it. We know from THEIR experience of poison in a lake does not work. By their own admission, after a

few years the situation is back to the original problem.

Now they want to tell me that I have to take a boating safety class to operate the same boat that I have

operated for thirty years. What a crock! :angry:

Rant mode is still on.

thas tha spirit! Didja hear 'bout them three gals from Warshington...

Them three blondes are sitting by the side of a river holding fishing poles with the lines in the water. A Game Warden comes up behind them, taps them on the shoulder and says, "Excuse me, ladies, I'd like to see your fishing licenses."

"We don't have any," replied the first blonde.

"Well, if you're going to fish, you need fishing licenses," said the Game Warden.

"But officer," replied the second blonde, "we aren't fishing. We all have magnets at the end of our lines and we're collecting debris off the bottom of the river."

The Game Warden lifted up all the lines and, sure enough, there were horseshoe magnets tied on the end of each line. "Well, I know of no law against it," said the Game Warden. "Take all the debris you want." And with that, he left.

As soon as the Game Warden was out of sight, the three blondes started laughing hysterically. "What a dumb Fish Cop," the second blonde said to the other two. "Doesn't he know that there are steelhead trout in this river?"

I keep recalling the spotted owl thingy, that destroyed the logging industry and countless jobs.

How is that working out for you?

And then there was that incident that shut down irrigation in Oregon for fear of some obscure little fish that

was "endangered". When do we get to the part where the idiots that come up with these ideas are endangered? :unsure:

We have some red eared salamander and the snowy plover to deal with, shuts down the beaches!

Fer a critter that is not even native to the area??? :blink:

There's a thin line between fishin n standin on the bank lookin like a loon! :ph34r:

"Come here, Norman Charlie. Hurry up. The loons! The loons! They're welcoming us back."

Archived