SASS Wire Forum

Being a Match Director

Howdy,

Just a quick question or two, first is anybody out there a MD of more than one club? Does anybody feel it is a conflict of interest?

Thanks

KK

I don't see how it would be a conflict of interest, but then again I ain't never been a MD and haven't been around much.

I'd hate to see a pard get burned out though.

howdy kk,

in my opinion i don't see a problem with it since the 2 clubs are obviously not shooting at the same time and therefore not competing for the same shooters.

just as a sidenote though, for my wife and i, a part of the fun in shooting multiple clubs is enjoying the different "feel" or atmosphere that each individual club has. i think there is a possiblility with the same match director that the clubs would have the same "personality" after a while.

but i would certainly applaud and support any person that would want to take on such a job.

cbj

Wow Match Director at more then 1 club, I am a Match Director and trying to do this job for more then 1 club is way above my pay scale. Is this persons alais SUPER MATCH DIRCETOR. Owen Judice Match Director Texas Troublemakers

howdy kk,

in my opinion i don't see a problem with it since the 2 clubs are obviously not shooting at the same time and therefore not competing for the same shooters.

just as a sidenote though, for my wife and i, a part of the fun in shooting multiple clubs is enjoying the different "feel" or atmosphere that each individual club has. i think there is a possiblility with the same match director that the clubs would have the same "personality" after a while.

but i would certainly applaud and support any person that would want to take on such a job.

cbj

Hey CBJ!

I like your answer.

Regards,

AM

I am the match director for Desert Desperados and the VP for Eldorado Cowboys in Las Vegas.

I don't see any conflict, I promote both clubs shamelessly.

Both clubs have similar "Flavor", but folks seem to like the matches we serve up so I don't see that as a downside.

Desperados is not in competition with Eldorado, nor vice versa.

Yeah, Owen, he is a Super Match Director!

I wouldn't think that it would be a conflict of interest, unless adding the second club's duties came to be too much and interfered with the first. Of course, I know for certain that the first club has ready, willing and able assistance.....

It would give shooters in our area one more guaranteed good match~!

buena suerte, amigo

eGG

Heck if we are talking about Kiowa Kid being MD at multiple places, I am certain that he could handle the job(s) admirably.

Would I want to do that? I think it might be more than I could deal with cuz it would be a lot of work.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Kiowa Kid, my hat is off to you, Brother. I'm so happy that there are dedicated, motivated, inspired folks willing to do it. Way to go....

I remember a thread not too long ago that suggested something to the effect that a MD was a cheatin', lyin', no good SOB if he shot targets or stages that he wrote. My view is 180 degrees from that one: Any MD that can shoot his own match and WIN... is a way better competitor than I am for sure. There's just no way that my pea brain could handle that much distraction.

So, once again.. my hat is off to you. I say, "Have at it." and anyone that complains- just give them about 5 jobs to do off the top of your head.

Archived