SASS Wire Forum

I need a small simple gun cart......

Howdy Bill, The Hooligan is the one yer thinkin about, carefull about hanging to much weight off the back. Also Rolin Kraps has some nice ones, you can download the plans for $6.25. I built the Ultra Light 3 Gun, used oak 1x3, treated plywood for the bottom, glued and screwed. I also used fabric Igloo cooler for an ammo box to cut down on the weight. Folds and loads easy. Good luck :)

Hooligan

http://stores.lulu.com/Rolan_Kraps

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

I use a three wheeled jogging stroller picked up at a yard sale with some very minor modifications. Works great, really light and packs down to next to nothing.

I've scoured every thrift store and even some yard sales and can't find on anywhere :angry: :angry:

Howdy,

I tried a couple other designs and then the Hooligan.

It was pretty shy on space so I started lookin fer a bigger ammo box.

Finally I just added saddle bags(duh) and had plenty room.

Leave the tires a little low for smoother ride fer yer rifles.

Best

CR

If the ranges at which you shoot have public racks, go cartless!! A pair of saddle bags can carry everything you really need. Sling the bags over your shoulder, shotgun in one hand, rifle in the other and off you go. I've shot Frontiersman this way, and still carry all the gadgets I need.

Kinda fun to go "Cowboy Lite"!!

I've scoured every thrift store and even some yard sales and can't find on anywhere :angry: :angry:

I plunder the thrift stores for all sorts of odds and end and have never seen one. Scarce in thrift but plentiful on CraigsList

I use a three wheeled jogging stroller picked up at a yard sale with some very minor modifications. Works great, really light and packs down to next to nothing.

Ditto. Baby Trend Explorer model was $40 at flea market (I'd have paid much more if necessary).

I left it stock, used 2 bungie cords to temporarily hold a plastic milk crate where the baby would sit.

I tied 2 PVC tubes (2" inner diameter, and about a foot long) into the corners of the milk crate, stuck two sticks into the tubes, and clamped on one cross piece against which I lean my long guns. That's about it, a rack for 2 long guns and places to hang stuff.

Oh yeah, I padded the cross piece to cushion the barrels, and use small bungie ties to secure the barrels when rolling.

Plenty of room in the milk crate for the two gun butts, ammo box, water bottle, etc.

I already had the milk crate/pvc tubes/ furring sticks gizmo as a holder for cardboard targets.

Archived