SASS Wire Forum

The Porcupine

Fable of the porcupine

It was the coldest winter ever. Many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together to keep warm. This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions.

After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. They learned to live with the little wounds caused by the close relationship with their companions in order to receive the heat that came from the others. This way they were able to survive.

The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities.

The moral of the story is: Just learn to live with the Pricks in your life!

Is there a way to make all career poly's go away??? Just askin!

Yep. Make them PAY for the privilege of serving, instead of collecting a fat salary and a fatter pension. Many, if not most, would choose not to serve if it cost them to do it.

Yep. Make them PAY for the privilege of serving, instead of collecting a fat salary and a fatter pension. Many, if not most, would choose not to serve if it cost them to do it.

I have to disagree with making them pay. That would freeze out a fair number of good people and guarantee that only a few wealthy could afford to do the job. Now there is at least a chance that people other than elitist fops can get into office.

I would suggest:

1) Term limits

2) They can NEVER be a lobbyist or work as a contact person to government for any company than one they own 100%. Basically, once they are out of government, they are out all the way.

3) They don't get their pension benefits until they hit the age for Social Security.

I fully agree with term limits.I think each should have to serve 2 terms.One in office and the 2nd in prison.

Hell no! Costs almost as much to keep them in prison as it would to keep them in office! Let 'em get real jobs!

Archived