SASS Wire Forum

shoot this stage

stepnmud#33546

Use same 4 targets for pistols with 10 rounds and rifle with 10 rounds with 2 shotgun knockdowns in the center, so 2 P/R targets are on either side of 2 shotgun knockdowns. No order and shooters choice of pistol and rifle. Without any triple taps and must have 5 hits on each of the 4 P/R targets. B)

Easy Peasy. Start with pistols on targets 1 & 2. Target order listed as follows: 1,1,2,2,1,1,2,2,1,2. Then repeat that sequence with the rifle on targets 3 and 4. Follow up with shotgun.

Easy Peasy. Start with pistols on targets 1 & 2. Target order listed as follows: 1,1,2,2,1,1,2,2,1,2. Then repeat that sequence with the rifle on targets 3 and 4. Follow up with shotgun.

Ya beat me to it ;)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Gunfighter:

shotgun first, rifle second, pistols third to save re-holstering time.

1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,3,2 (rifle) + 1,4.1,4,1,4,2,3,2,3 (pistols) I like to go outside in like Kevin Costner split out the pistols in Silverado

or

3,3,4,4,3,3,4,4,3,4 (rifle) + 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 (pistols) Probably more efficient

or

2,2,3,3,2,2,3,3,2,3 (rifle) + 1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4 (pistols) Still get to split out the pistols

Geeze......this is fun!

--Dawg

No triple taps?

Prairie Dawg, you sequence includes triple taps, does it not?

Yup--an oversight--fixed it--Thanks

--Dawg

The key for me on stages like this is to look at the targets and set in my mind how I'm going to shoot them.

Instead of thinking

1.1.2.2.1 - 2.2.1.1.2 (detailing each shot by target number)

I do better thinking of number of shots between movement, so I'd think of it like this

2.2.1 (starting at left of the two targets) then 2.2.1 (starting at the right of the two targets)

Where I screw myself up is in trying to think about it both ways, then when the buzzer goes off I get messed up.

I'd shoot that order except, shotgun, rifle, pistol/pistol.

RRR

Yes,the shotgun was last. I should have mentioned that in the first post. Colt, Snake looks really smooth in the video, he's got it down. B)

Had a great time at the Match.

Well,

Us OLD Pharts that don't want to think or double tap when shooting blackpowder with no wind just alternate. IMHO when the targets are REAL close together doesn't make much diff. Also allows the smoke to clear.

Not the best way but that's the way I shot it.

Wyandot

[/

You were supposed to be there! Lol

Yeah...man...you have NOOOOOO idea how much I wanta shoot...but the good news is that I'll be stone cold rusty at the Texas State Championships!

Wait...

That's a bad thing isn't it?

Nevermind...

:blink:

Well

I would shoot a continuous double tap Nevada sweep with pistols and then rifle and end with two shotgun.

wif :D

Step:

I wanted to dump 5 on each target. "It's only a triple tap if you stop at 3!" But, Wyandot and the Indian said they would give a P. Well it was a Thought.

Regards,

Marcus Hooker

Adventurer

....... I'd take that chance .... ^_^

Well

I would shoot a continuous double tap Nevada sweep with pistols and then rifle and end with two shotgun.

wif :D

You'd come up short on one of the targets and end up with a P.

You'd come up short on one of the targets and end up with a P.

Yep! :lol: that's what I keep thinking and had to get out of posse rotation , to ciper some more. :unsure:

I ask Stan or AO or Dang it Dan or Delta Glen how they would shoot it, then that's what I do.

If left up to me it would not be pretty but it would be funny!

:lol:

The targets were set up 2 on fr left close together and 2 on far right close together. So this is how i shot it:

First I engaged the two on the far left in the following order 1,2,1,2,1 first pistol and 2,1,2,1,2 on the second pistol. Yep a continuous alternate. I did this because they were close together and it was very easy to remember with the pistol change. Now for gunfighters it was very easy.

Second I engaged the two on the far right in the following order 1,1,2,2,1,1,2,2,1,2. double tap alternate until the last 2 rounds. For some reason this worked well in my head.

Shotgun was last.

Colt

Archived