SASS Wire Forum

Start em' young. shameless proud Dad moment

Yesterday was the second match that my wife and I have taken our son Speed Stevens along with us. He does great, keep his eyes and ears on. Not to shabby for a ten month old. If there are any couples that are hesitant to do this, it takes a bit more work but it's worth it. Here's some pics Speed hanging with Mom and Speed's safety gear..

PS. before anyone reams me, we use D-Lead wipes everytime before touching him while on the range and keep him in areas that will attract the least amount of possible splatter.

God has it been 10 months already?......Seems like you just posted she'd had him...

That's so great! Good for you and your wife! I'm jealous that you have your son keeping on his gear. I've tried to take my grandson (now about 20 months old) and he's so interested in everything that's going on, but the safety gear? That's something else altogether and it pretty much comes off as soon as it goes on and my wife has to take him elsewhere. Again great pics and real happy for you all. Smithy.

You're a first class dad and KJ is a first class mom - Speed Stevens is blessed to have such good people as his parents. Look forward to watchin' him grow up.

Take care amigo ~

GG ~ :FlagAm:

And I get to see him this weekend :excl::lol::P;)

cheyenne B)

Great job, Deuce and KJ.

I also don't think you can start em out 'too early'.

When Mikala was born, 18 years ago, I bought her a Winchester 9422. Still have it and she knows it belongs to her. Although school, cheerleading, and other girlie activities occupy most of her time, she still goes out back on the farm with me sometimes and shoots everything I got.

Carry on!

..........Widder

That is fantastic my friend! Glad to see you making it a Family Tradition!!! From one SASS dad to another keeping it alive one kid at a time!!! Won't be long till Speed will be out there shootin with you. Then you will blink and he will be doing it proficiently. I'm sure Shaddai knows what I'm talking about. Then comes the day when they beat you at your own game. Your friends will prob tease you and you'll just let em keep talkin cause they don't feel the pride that you feel in your heart and the contentment of knowing you've done a good job.

Thanks for posting this cause I feel ya brother!

Colt

Hey Deuce:

Didja do an action job on that little pistola he's got in his hands?? :lol:

Don't want him gettin used to holding slow guns :P

Really cool pics B)

--Dawg

This does not surprise me a bit Deuce, because I've seen the pictures of him 'packin' working security at your house. :lol: Very cool. Congrats

Tonic

This does not surprise me a bit Deuce, because I've seen the pictures of him 'packin' working security at your house. :lol: Very cool. Congrats

Tonic

Now THAT was another cool photo ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Dittos to what Colt Faro said. Speed has been a real trooper the 2 shoots he's been at with Mom & Dad. He's a special little feller with special parents. Gunner Gatlin said it better. Great job Deuce & KJ!!!

Hey Deuce,

I remember my first trip to Mule Camp in May 2002. Beck A. Boo had just turned 1 year old and she didn't suffer the ear plugs very well. The glasses were OK though. Seems like just yesterday and now she shoots matches with me. She and Hawkeye Gin have been on the cowboy ranges their whole lives. You're on the right track for sure. Your pictures brought back warm memories for me!

We missed you at the Ga. State match!

Great Pics. Doin' it right! Hmmm... has both guns in hand... must gonna be a gunfighter!:D

Archived