SASS Wire Forum

guitar, madolin or bass pickers?

Can you watch this video and tell me what key they're playin' in by lookin' at the chord patterns? I know the guitar and mandolin have a capo on the first fret, but that doesn't help me any.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMBsn_mKSM&sns=fb

I'm tryin' to figger out which harmonica goes with the song.

I'd reckon the girl playin' the harp is cross harpin' which wwould mean she's using a harp three keys higher than the song key.

Checked it with my piano, it's Eb fer sure. Good tune!!!! Rye

That would be right!

A big fat flat E! :lol:

That would be right!

A big fat flat E! :lol:

Y'all go talkin' 'bout flattened EEs and I'm outta here. :P

..... I don't care how flat you or it are ...... I find it enjoyable :)

:D

I'll agree it's E flat..Which is also D sharp..

Which is what ya get when ya capo the first fret..The basic chord pattern is D, to G, to A, then start over again..Capo'ed at the first fret, of course..There may be another chord or two in the middle section..I'd have to work on it a little more..Fairly straightforward country.. B)

The capo on the first fret make it easier for some folks to sing (Meself included) :blush:

I've been working on "Shady Grove" (The Tom Petty and Mudcrutch version) so I already had the capo on the Martin.. :wub:

Very cool song, and that little gal on the mandolin has a GREAT voice!

Now if I can just figger out how that dude's getting the SKS to sound like a dobro.. :o

Thanks for the info. Next question. Most songs I can figger out how to play the melody on a harp. But this one has me flumberbusted. Since y'all know the key, what do you reckon the first 4 or 5 notes are on the melody?

The little gal on the mandolin is Steve's daughter. She got a version of "It Ain't Me Babe" on youtube. Here's the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhH91EZG6h4

"I Like Guns" was one of the easiest melodies to learn on harp I've ever done. It's only got three notes. On a C harp they would be C, D, and E. I tabbed and posted it at http:www.harptabs.com But I've tried about every starting position on a harp, and still can't get "She Don't Like Guns" to sound right.

C'mon guys!! Evabody knows that all country songs are wrote in R demolished!! :lol::lol:

Archived