SASS Wire Forum

THOR: the movie

Widder, SASS #59054

Yep, I know we all grew up with Gene and Roy but some of us also grew up with THOR.

Saw the movie this afternoon and quiet frankly.....REALLY liked it.

THOR was my all time favorite Marvel Comic Hero and I could follow the movie every step of the way.

Very nicely done.

The Bunk House Boss said it was 'O.K.' and that it was more of a 'guy movie'.

Hey, I'm just glad he carries a hammer and not a 1897 Thunder Stick. YEEHAW!

..........Widder

Wife and I saw it today also. Good flick. Only thing I didn't like was their idiotic concept for Bifrost. I told my wife after Spiderman that special effects had finally caught up with the comics. Also saw previews for X-Men, Green Lantern, and Captain America. They look good too.

We saw it, and it was okay. The actors were good. The writing was good... Chris Hemsworth was excellent, remember him also as Jim Kirk's father in the last Star Trek. And I can see they've set it up for a sequel in the Marvel series, if they want to.

But the concept isn't really me.

So overall, it was okay, but left me a little flat.

Now, by contrast, the Iron Man movies with Downey, Jr.: there is good movie.

Aunt Jen

Saw it today. Next Thor will be in the avengers with captain america and iron man the hulk and so on. It was at the very end about it. Pretty good movie. They will get even better. The wife didn't mind it.

Took my 16-yr old daughter to it. We both loved it. She is an admitted Marvel geek. We stuck around to the end of the credits to get "The Avengers" tidbit there. Can't wait to have Thor, Iron Man, The Hulk et al. on screen together.

Archived