SASS Wire Forum

- - - NO FREE LUNCH - - - ?

Free Spurs . . . ?

A while back a pard was offering all his cowboy stuff for sale . . . Outfit, guns, gun leather, spurs, . . Everything . . . .

What a terrible thing to have to do . . .

Personally if my financial situation was dire I’d do about anything before selling of my shooting stuff or outfits . . .

I’d give up having a home and live in a tent, . . I'd eat bread & water, have my gal start working double shifts in the local bordello, ....But, ....Not sell guns or gear !

However, . . His decision to do so was his decision and I hated to see someone giving up such a beautiful outfit and gear due to financial hardship . . . .

He had a really fantastic outfit with custom gun leather, wrist cuffs, spurs and canteen.

If’n I was “really affluent” . . .rather than just “ a little bit affluent” I’d a offered to buy it all from him and hold it until he was flush again and cud purchase it back . . .

But I was able to offer to purchase from him the spurs and the unique canteen so that one day when he could start re-aquiring an outfit he could at least recover a bit of his old one as a starting point . . .

He contacted me recently about re-acquiring his spurs and has posted on the wire about purchasing more outfit items., . . .

However, . . . It seems to me that it would be a nice gesture if I just gave him his spurs back . . .

So I offered his spurs back for FREE . . . .

Free lunch . . . Free spurs . . Is there a catch . . . . Whut ? :blink: . . . A catch to such an offer ? You joke . . . ;)

He can come pick up his free spurs any time he wants at . . . . White Horse Ranch . . .

But, . . There is “catch” . . he must wear them while appearing in a movie before he leaves the ranch with them. That doesn’t seem like much of a “catch” to me. More of a “treat” to get to appear in a movie. :)

Getting to the ranch ? Oh, . . . that shouldn’t be a problem for a “vaquero” . . .

A simple procedure . . . . . Just saddle a horse . . . If it is early in the day ride away from the sun. . . . if it is late in the day ride toward the sun, . . . if the sun is high in the sky take a siesta while the horse grazes . . . He can be at White Horse Ranch in no time at all.

This seems to me like a very reasonable offer to a good pard that had to sell of his gear and it gives him a good start on his new out fit and lets him appear in a movie into the bargain . . .

What do ya think of such an offer . . . ? Does it sound good to you ? :)

Like they said it would be hopeful that he was "local" to the ranch...otherwise it would end up to be cost prohibitive,

other than that

I think that is a really cool and generous offer. I know ifn it waz me I would be ever beholdin to ya for that.

good on ya

curley

Wolfgang, that sounds like "Cowboy Karma" at its finest! Good on you!

It appears to me that it ought not be too much of a burden on some of us to help this cowboy out. I have a pair of boots and maybe a hat I could donate to the cause. If you can find out his hat and boot size, PM me and maybe I can help. Just for giggles, find out what size gunbelt (buckle to belt hole) he needs, also.

Well I am just starting and a few nice people have helped me out. I don't have any grear to spare because I'm not even outfitted yet but if there is anyway I can help let me know. If he's passing through mn on his way to the ranch he's welcome to stop rest get a few meals and a free place to stay to help defray costs on the way. That much I can offer.

If he's a 97 shooter I may be able to help... I know what its like not having the gear so he can have the loan of mine until he can afford one of his own. I have a double I can shoot.

Evil.....wishing I could help more....dogooder

Free Spurs . . . ?

A while back a pard was offering all his cowboy stuff for sale . . . Outfit, guns, gun leather, spurs, . . Everything . . . .

What a terrible thing to have to do . . .

Personally if my financial situation was dire I'd do about anything before selling of my shooting stuff or outfits . . .

I'd give up having a home and live in a tent, . . I'd eat bread & water, have my gal start working double shifts in the local bordello, ....But, ....Not sell guns or gear !

However, . . His decision to do so was his decision and I hated to see someone giving up such a beautiful outfit and gear due to financial hardship . . . .

He had a really fantastic outfit with custom gun leather, wrist cuffs, spurs and canteen.

If'n I was "really affluent" . . .rather than just " a little bit affluent" I'd a offered to buy it all from him and hold it until he was flush again and cud purchase it back . . .

But I was able to offer to purchase from him the spurs and the unique canteen so that one day when he could start re-aquiring an outfit he could at least recover a bit of his old one as a starting point . . .

He contacted me recently about re-acquiring his spurs and has posted on the wire about purchasing more outfit items., . . .

However, . . . It seems to me that it would be a nice gesture if I just gave him his spurs back . . .

So I offered his spurs back for FREE . . . .

Free lunch . . . Free spurs . . Is there a catch . . . . Whut ? :blink: . . . A catch to such an offer ? You joke . . . ;)

He can come pick up his free spurs any time he wants at . . . . White Horse Ranch . . .

But, . . There is "catch" . . he must wear them while appearing in a movie before he leaves the ranch with them. That doesn't seem like much of a "catch" to me. More of a "treat" to get to appear in a movie. :)

Getting to the ranch ? Oh, . . . that shouldn't be a problem for a "vaquero" . . .

A simple procedure . . . . . Just saddle a horse . . . If it is early in the day ride away from the sun. . . . if it is late in the day ride toward the sun, . . . if the sun is high in the sky take a siesta while the horse grazes . . . He can be at White Horse Ranch in no time at all.

This seems to me like a very reasonable offer to a good pard that had to sell of his gear and it gives him a good start on his new out fit and lets him appear in a movie into the bargain . . .

What do ya think of such an offer . . . ? Does it sound good to you ? :)

Wolffees.. you are the nicest guy.... I am sure he had thanked you a million times... but I gotta tell ya... I am speachless over this sweet act... Gotta see the movie too once it all happens.. lol... thanks for being a pard to everyone...

I would help out ... but I am pretty sure he would have no real interest in my outfits? lol Just teasing ya...

Hi all ya who posted comments. The telegraph wire has been down a few days here and just got back on the wire. Pard in question obviously hasn't seen this thread. I just sent him an e-mule with a link to it. So he should appear here pronto. He can concact those who offered stuff with needs, sizes, etc.

Good shootin' . . . :)

Wolfgang,

Wow what an honor pard to appear in a movie! I appreciate the offer but unfortunately I will have to decline as others have stated it would cost too much for me to get out there as of right now and with working a new job I do not have the time for vacation built up yet.

To everybody that as offered to help out I can’t thank you enough and it brings tears to my eyes for the generous offers to help me out. That is why I love this game so much of you all are willing to bend over backwards to help people out as I have done for others along the way I thank you for this.

I appreciate the offers believe me but I am slowly getting my stuff back again A pard has just sold me my TTN back to me which was a blessing since I had allot of work done to the ole girl and was comfortable with it. Another pard is selling me back my pistols and holster as well. I have placed another order for replacement earth walkers which I will have in Sept. I am trying to find another more authenticate vaquero outfit as well.

Of course I can’t thank enough all my local pards with Territorial Marshals & Short grass Rangers they were always supportive of my decision to leave for awhile from the game and understood why I was doing it and they all offered to loan us guns and gear to shoot whenever we could I thank you for this as well.

Here is my little tale I just recently retired from the U.S. Navy after 23 years of faithful service I thought I needed to sell all my stuff to pay off debt before retiring was this stupid on my part or what? I did not owe anything on my gear or my wife’s so I sold it all off to pay the bills.

Fast forward to today I was able to get a great paying job as a Govt. contractor along with my wife’s job and mine as well as my retirement pay we are blessed to be getting back into the game looking at late summer early fall to be outfitted again and paying cash for the stuff no more credit for us.

We have been married for over 21 years this year and unfortunately we were never able to have children. We have always been able to do pretty much what we wanted money wise not necessary smart decisions with our income hence why we incurred too much debt. We do have nieces and nephews that we are very active in their lives and try to do a lot with them when we can.

We are still hoping at adopting in the next few years we should be debt free thanks to Dave Ramsey’s plan and the good lord above by this time next year. With the exception of our mortgage we plan on buying about 200 acres next fall out here in Oklahoma god willing. I will probably quit working by 2013 completely and be a stay at home father to the children we adopt. My father was 44 years old when he had me so I am shooting for this age to start raising children as well I am currently 42 years old.

Well that is about it folks and once again thank you so much Wolfgang and others as you really have no idea how much these gestures have touched me and the better half and knowing we still live in the greatest democracy in the world where people still care for others.

CYC

ChavezY,. . . realizing that it'd be pretty hard to get yur horse this far . . . without any spurs to kick him along with ;) ..... how about I send you yur "free spurs" if'n ya promise to come out here and wear 'em in a movie as soon as you git the chance ? :)

ps. I'm delighted to hear that you are getting so much of your matching equipment back :excl:

Best of luck to you Senor Chavez. Keep us posted.

Hey ChavezY ..... I've made you a modified offer on yur "free" spurs. All ya gotsta do is swear that you'll come out here and be in a movie with 'em on. Just right you out a solum swear ( utilizing only period cooo-rect swear words ;) ), sign it with your blood on top of a big stack of bibles,.... and yur'll have yur spurs in no time at all :)

Hey ChavezY ..... I've made you a modified offer on yur "free" spurs. All ya gotsta do is swear that you'll come out here and be in a movie with 'em on. Just right you out a solum swear ( utilizing only period cooo-rect swear words ;) ), sign it with your blood on top of a big stack of bibles,.... and yur'll have yur spurs in no time at all :)

Wolfgang,

I swear or affirm being of sound mind (I think) do as you have stated and will wear my dang blasted spurs in a movie down the road with my full Vaquero outfit and my better half Trippin Triggers with me as well. I thank you once again for helping me out pard but as stated please allow me to send you some dust for the pony express ride out here to Oklahoma and once again please keep the gourd canteen as my appreciation for you helping out a pard.

CYC

Archived