SASS Wire Forum

Gun Cart Holsters

Actually, you can hang any holster you have from straight cabinet or drawer pull. If you happen to have extra or "old" holsters you don't use any more, just pick up a couple of standard 4 inch on center drawer pulls. Works a treat.

Coffinmaker

if you're partial to a little leather work..I made two one for each side of cart...Mine are like a gun-bucket holster...Send pics if interested..

Sure help to hang those shooter when you're doing other possee work...during the shoot..Some clubs don't like you bending over picking brass with holstered shooters...Guess you're sweeping pards with the muzzles.

Regards,

TR

if you're partial to a little leather work..I made two one for each side of cart...Mine are like a gun-bucket holster...Send pics if interested..

Sure help to hang those shooter when you're doing other possee work...during the shoot..Some clubs don't like you bending over picking brass with holstered shooters...Guess you're sweeping pards with the muzzles.Regards,

TR

RO-I page 15 cut from #2(and probably other places in other books too)

A holstered revolver (loaded or empty) with the hammer fully down on an empty chamber or expended case is considered safe and may not be interpreted as sweeping another shooter while safely secured in the holster.

Snake, I have a like new gunbucket holster I would let you have for $20, if it is what you are looking for the leathermaker can whip up some more tomatch for you.

Snake, I have a like new gunbucket holster I would let you have for $20, if it is what you are looking for the leathermaker can whip up some more tomatch for you.

I am checking out ideas now. Will let you know if I go that route.

Thanks

The gunbuckets are unsafe for reular match use in my opinion BUT do make excellent cart holsters. If you can find a high clear area on the cart these will actually allow for most rifles or shotguns to be holstered on the cart. Not sure but I do think Cabellas might offer the buckets made by either Hunter or Triple K???

I just had a bag full (no kiddin) of unlined holsters I gave back to the maker.

They probably would have made good cart holsters.

Usually cart holsters are seconds, used, and / or worn out, low end holsters

Got mine at Academy Sports for like 10 bucks a piece and used a screw to attach to the outside of my cart.. works well

I just used some PVC pipe the correct diameter, cut a notch for the trigger guard, attached to cart with screws and had my wife cover the outside with brown contact paper. Very functional and cheap.

Archived