SASS Wire Forum

1897 WIN

I just got a 1897 from Cimmeron. It was tight from the start, very hard to get the action back. I thought it might lossen up a bit but the more I shot it the tighter it got and now the action won't close at all. Any Idea what is wrong or should I find a gunsmith?

I just got a 1897 from Cimmeron. It was tight from the start, very hard to get the action back. I thought it might lossen up a bit but the more I shot it the tighter it got and now the action won't close at all. Any Idea what is wrong or should I find a gunsmith?

Not meaning any insult, but did you give it a good cleaning and light lube before you started shooting it?

Other thing that comes to mind is that somewhere a screw or pin has worked out and is binding a bit.

Not meaning any insult, but did you give it a good cleaning and light lube before you started shooting it?

Other thing that comes to mind is that somewhere a screw or pin has worked out and is binding a bit.

Yes I did a good cleaning.

I think the dojiggy is binding on the whatcamacallit.......sorry couldn't help myself

With the info provided there is not a whole lot of advice to offer

Find someone who knows 97's

Wyatt

Found a loose screw to the thingamagig and now the whatyamacalic cycles. I would like to take t a part and clean it up better but it don't come with take down instructions. Any one know where I can find any info on takeing it apart??

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
1897 WIN STUCK

It would useless to squirt your gun with a hosepipe... cause I tried it before...

But strangely... it usually werks on a coupla dogs.

ts

Archived