SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Paintball hits primetime

Did anyone watch/record the episode of a show called "Community" last night? I don't normally watch the show, heck I never even heard of it till I saw a commercial for it a few days ago. (But it stars Chevy Chase).

The show takes place at a community college, and I guess they were having a paintball game involving the students to win a cash prize. But the kicker was that everyone had adopted an Old West persona (dress, drop loop holsters, etc). They even borrowed some cool effects from the "Kill Bill" movies.

Oh, the title of the episode last night was "For a Few Paintballs More".

I believe the continuation will be next Thursday at 8pm on NBC.

Did anyone watch/record the episode of a show called "Community" last night? I don't normally watch the show, heck I never even heard of it till I saw a commercial for it a few days ago. (But it stars Chevy Chase).

The show takes place at a community college, and I guess they were having a paintball game involving the students to win a cash prize. But the kicker was that everyone had adopted an Old West persona (dress, drop loop holsters, etc). They even borrowed some cool effects from the "Kill Bill" movies.

Oh, the title of the episode last night was "For a Few Paintballs More".

I believe the continuation will be next Thursday at 8pm on NBC.

That was a good episode. I like Community. Especially that weird Abed. :lol:

Actually they're all weird.

I'm a paintball player. The willing suspension of disbelief goes out the window for me with no protective eyewear or anything of that nature. Much like showing firearms utilized in an unsafe fashion, seeing that sort of thing leaves me exasperated. It came on, I watched two minutes, started changing channels.

I'm a paintball player. The willing suspension of disbelief goes out the window for me with no protective eyewear or anything of that nature. Much like showing firearms utilized in an unsafe fashion, seeing that sort of thing leaves me exasperated. It came on, I watched two minutes, started changing channels.

Well, I figger it's just a goofy sitcom.

It bothered me for a minute then I got over it.

I enjoyed the continual references to Westerns. :lol:

Well, I figger it's just a goofy sitcom.

It bothered me for a minute then I got over it.

I enjoyed the continual references to Westerns. :lol:

I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does. I haven't watched the show in the past, so it just seemed best to go in search of something else.

I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does. I haven't watched the show in the past, so it just seemed best to go in search of something else.

I'm the same way. Too many idiots will see it on tv and go out into the field with no mask. I played paintball a lot before getting into SASS. ONE time I met a guy who refused to wear anything but his eyeglasses, claiming they fogged up too bad. We explained to him about all the non-fog products available even back then but he refused. (This was backyard ball, not tournament) To make it short, he ended up with one helluva pump knot on his forehead when he kept poking his head out from behind a log he was trying to hide behind. I don't recall him ever coming back to play after that. That memory comes to me everytime I see things like this on tv, and imagine how bad it could have turned out.

I'm the same way. Too many idiots will see it on tv and go out into the field with no mask. I played paintball a lot before getting into SASS. ONE time I met a guy who refused to wear anything but his eyeglasses, claiming they fogged up too bad. We explained to him about all the non-fog products available even back then but he refused. (This was backyard ball, not tournament) To make it short, he ended up with one helluva pump knot on his forehead when he kept poking his head out from behind a log he was trying to hide behind. I don't recall him ever coming back to play after that. That memory comes to me everytime I see things like this on tv, and imagine how bad it could have turned out.

Anybody who would watch that show and then go play paintball with no mask is stupid enough to walk through a fire in a gasoline suit.

PS I don't play paintball. When I shoot at somebody it's for keeps.

I still thought the show was funny. And I'll watch it next week. :lol:

Anybody who would watch that show and then go play paintball with no mask is stupid enough to walk through a fire in a gasoline suit.

They're out there, trust me.

More than a few of us that play have had to do that. As one guy on my team said, "it's everything I joined the military to do, without worrying about activating my SGLI."

"it's everything I joined the military to do, without worrying about activating my SGLI."

:lol: :lol:

Howdy

I guess I feel the same way about Cowboy Paintball as some folks do about Wild Bunch matches.

Not for me, thanks.

Howdy

I guess I feel the same way about Cowboy Paintball as some folks do about Wild Bunch matches.

Not for me, thanks.

I don't think there is really any Cowboy Paintball, except on that TV show.

The clothes cost too much. :lol:

I still thought the show was funny. And I'll watch it next week. :lol:

I have flung a paintball or two at folks, and they at me - and it's fun. I am glad I have never had to shoot at somebody 'for keeps'. However, I respect those that have...'nuff said.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

several years back there was this TV documentary on the OK Corral and in it they had two pairs of men face off with paintball pistols to simulate a gunfight. The men were all got up with protective gear and it was done very responsible. They showed how hard it is to really hit your target in real street fight.

I am with the crew that has a problem with shooting anything at a person, even if it is "safe". WW

Archived