SASS Wire Forum

Question about positions on cattle drives.

Subdeacon Joe

Having just finished reading Teddy "Blue" Abbott's, We Headed Them North, he mentions that the crossdressers took up the flank positions on the trail rides that he participated.

What does the point man do?

The point man has one of the most important jobs on the cattle drive,

When a cowboy feels the need to relieve hisself, he must go to the point man who will “point” out an appropriate location for said duties. (Class 1 download or if you prefer, making poopies)

This requires the point man to keep a good record and track of previously used locations so as to not over saturate any shrubbery while not infecting the entire prairie.

This not only limits the amount of environmental contamination but gives the added benefit of knowing what locations (especially in the dark) should be avoided. There are definitely things you don’t want to find by accident.

The point man minor duties include pointing out notable sights and attractions along the drive and in conjunction will let the other cowboys know how long they will have for souvenir shopping during stops along the trip.

Hope that helps

-Holden (who put waaaaaaay too much though into such a ridiculous response)

Good week so far, but I wake up this morning and find that overnight all of my friends have lost their pea-pickin' little minds. :o:wacko:

They're not lost. Just taking a little vacation. They should be back soon.

Does the night hawker have to wear a feather boa?

Yup, shore nuff do...

Just don't tell'em I told ya so !! :wacko:

Archived