SASS Wire Forum

Want to trade for SAA 44-40 Clone-TRADE PENDING

Just picked up an 1873 Winchester clone in 44-40 and want a pistol to match the caliber. Want a SAA clone, prefer stock.

I have a Uberti 1873 Cattleman in .45 Colt and a Uberti Conversion (navy grips and 5 1/2 inch barrel) in .38 spec.

Would prefer FTF in Ky but will ship if needed.

Mingo

Mingo, I have an Uberti made .44-40 with auxiliary .44 Spl. cylinder, condition about 95%, 4.75 bbl, blue/case color with brass grip frame. Gun was imported by American Arms in Kansas City, back aways. Don't have a box or papers. Bought the gun as a backup for my .44 Spl revolvers, hardly used it, shot it enough to find it hits POA with coyboy loads, locks up like a vault, nice little gun. Like to trade you for your .38 conversion. Let me know if that works for you, and tell me something about the conversion: age, condition, which model it is (open top or action Richards-Mason)etc. Rgds, Jess Ducky

Jess,

It is a 5 1/2 inch barrel, M-R Conversion with Tombstone grips faux ivory grips. I shot it enough to know it shoots to poa . I'll pm you for your email and can send a pic or two .

I also have a custom made holster from Frank Kaiser I'll include for your proposed trade.

Mingo

I have a Great Western 2... 5 1/2inch with checkered wood grips in 44-40.I put roughly 30 rounds through it and don't like the grips,so haven't shot it since.I'd be interessted in the M-R conversion if this interests you.Can email you a pic of it if you PM me with your e address.

Archived