SASS Wire Forum

Never shot my race ready '92

Aunt Jen

So I have a probably-great "Race Ready" NKJ '92, and I've never shot it? Why would I do that?

I've just grown to love my '73, and it makes me wonder how I'd ever adjust to the '92 after that.

What should I do with it?

Aunt Jen

Keep it for a backup would be my choice. And if there comes a time when you need the cash for another toy or something, I'm guessing it would be fairly easy to sell.

Back up gun or loaner gun for some new shooter who could benefit from using such a nice rifle for a match or two.

Aunt Jen

You should probably send it to me, and I'll shoot it for you.

I haven't shot my stock Rossi '92 since getting my Codymatic Beretta Renegade 12 hours ago. :rolleyes:

So I have a probably-great "Race Ready" NKJ '92, and I've never shot it? Why would I do that?

I've just grown to love my '73, and it makes me wonder how I'd ever adjust to the '92 after that.

Aunt Jen

IMO...

With all due respect and seriousness - Sell it.

You will NEVER be satisfied with it, if you currently have or are using a raced up 73.

The 92 is a fine rifle and Steve does wonders with them - but they aint a 73, nor will they ever be.

If it is new and ready to go - sell it to a new shooter.

It will serve them perfectly well for a long time, some shooters will use the 92 for their entire CAS life - but I don't believe you would be happy if you ever had to revert to using a 92 after being used to a 73.

Take those monies and put towards another 73 - You will be better served.

IMO...

With all due respect and seriousness - Sell it.

You will NEVER be satisfied with it, if you currently have or are using a raced up 73.

The 92 is a fine rifle and Steve does wonders with them - but they aint a 73, nor will they ever be.

And you could just PM me with what you were thinking about and that would save you the hassle of running an ad and fielding phone calls and emails and such. I just got rid of a 73 for the same reason because I'm so ingrained with the 92 and would (in this case) make mine the back up, shooting the NKJ version as the main one. Just a thought. Smithy.

The 92 would work in B western. I don't believe the 73 is allowed. Hang onto it and you may find you want to shoot the 92 just for something different down the road. I have a slicked up 73 and short stroked pistols gathering dust in the safe while I'm shooting different irons (sometimes a 92).

I have one that I shoot when it's raining.

Can't bear to have my 73 stock sitting in a puddle of water.

Plus, I like 92's

They are light & handy.

The Duke always shot one.

Sure, they are not as fast, but sometimes I wanna be The Duke.

I've got my Duke vest.

I've got my blue jeans with the rolled up cuffs

I've got my Duke holsters & money belt.

So I shoot The Duke's gun

Plenty of reasons to keep one 92 in the stable

(along with 2 66s, 2 '73s, & 2 Henrys)

--Dawg

Aunt Jen

Do what I do. Put the '73 back in the safe, pull out the '92, dress up in your wildest B-Western garb and go have fun. :lol:

Archived