SASS Wire Forum

Costuming question

Blastmaster

Not to high jack another thread..

What is the rule about wearing a shirt or jacket with the sponsoring clubs logo on it as a shooter at that club? For example, wearing a long sleeve Hensley shirt with EOT print on it while attending/shooting at EOT?

How about a shirt from another club or event?

I know, no call while walking around vendors row, but while shooting.

Thanks

Blastmaster

Not a rule expert,but I'd say no.

The rule is no logos. That applies to all including the sponsoring organization.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, so to speak. ;)

Hello,

Following are my notes from the 2008 Summit on logos.

3. Original Item: Should we replace the line – “Outlawed - Clothing displaying manufacturer’s or sponsor’s logos” with “The displaying of sponsor’s or team logos on apparel or equipment is prohibited.” Manufacturer’s labels on such apparel or equipment are acceptable.”?

• There was discussion about the difference between labels and logos. Labels tend to be small and logos can vary in size.

• This change would prevent shooters from wearing logos (SASS and local clubs’ logos included) at State matches and above. A large name across the back of a jacket that says Wrangler is a logo not a label. “Size matters.”• Belt buckles that are given as shooting awards are exempt from this ban.

• It was amended to state, “Should we replace the line – “Outlawed - Clothing displaying manufacturer’s or sponsor’s logos” with “The displaying of sponsor’s or team logos on apparel is prohibited.” Manufacturer’s labels on such apparel or equipment are acceptable.”? The word “equipment” was removed from the first sentence.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived