SASS Wire Forum

Brass Framed Remington '58

Howdy! I've got a brass framed Remmy that I have been thinking of using as a main match gun. Been using a couple of steel framed ones for awhile. Anybody used these regularly? Can't help but think that a pair of these would go great with my 1866. Any issues other than normal cap-n-ball stuff?

Howdy! I've got a brass framed Remmy that I have been thinking of using as a main match gun. Been using a couple of steel framed ones for awhile. Anybody used these regularly? Can't help but think that a pair of these would go great with my 1866. Any issues other than normal cap-n-ball stuff?

Should be fine, the Remmie design is good as it gets with the brass frame pistols.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showuser=7825 asks: Any issues other than normal cap-n-ball stuff?

The one I shot for 50 matches ringed the cylinder because the timing was off but it "never failed me". No frame issues at all. I went to the short barreled NMA's in steel and can point them better at match speed then the 8 inchers.

Fordyce

Archived