SASS Wire Forum

Loyal Friend

Tom Payne 13115

Folks I have read here several times how some have lost their loyal 4 leged friend and although I felt for each and every one of a, I truly could not appreciate how you felt until today. I had to put my loyal friend Roscoe down today. Please think of him today will ya.

Tom Payne

I and my fur people are thinking of you, I feel your pain, been there a few times.

I am convinced tho they are still near, ya just can't see or touch them, they however can still touch you...

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I feel your pain Tom. I'm sorry that you now feel it also.

Your furry friend will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and you can cross over together when the time is right.

It is hard for sure. Amy and Bill thanks for your thoughts. Once the tears are gone I will be able to find the bottle!!

It's hard to explain how far these four-legged critters get into our hearts with their unconditional love and devotion.

I've done it three times - the last one over ten years ago - and you brought fresh tears back to my eyes as I read your words and this thread.

May God Bless you in your time of grief, I firmly believe we'll see them again, IF WE deserve it!

Harvey

Again folks thank you for all the kind and heart felt words. I just feel so empty right now. Thanks for your time.

I'm sorry for your loss Tom.

I've had to take that final trip to the vet twice now, but I can look back and recognize that doing so was best thing for them. Try to remember the fun and happiness.

All but one of ours have been pound dogs. 3 GSPs and a schnauzer mix and a whippet-terrier. Still have one GSP and the whippet mix. All of those that aren't with us lasted 14 years or more (the Schnauzer was AT LEAST 22 when he went last year.) Each and every one still hurts and I'm typing this with tears.

My wife and I have decided to have all of our ashes mixed and then spread at the same time.

All one can say is " Vaya con Dios, mis amigos"

Cherish the memories, bittersweet as they are!

The dog hair will always be with you. The hair from our previous dogs turn up all the time, reminding us that a small part of them besides their ashes in the urns in the bookcase is still with us.

He will always be in your heart, no matter where you are. The pain fades, but never really goes away entirely. As I type this, I look over at my best buddy's picture and urn........he was always there for me with unconditional love and devotion. I like to think that I was there for him when he needed me to help him to the other side. Even after 9 years, I still say good morning and good night to his picture, silly I know. I firmly believe I'll see him again when it's my time to go. Try to remember the good times you had together and some of the dumb things he/you did........all dogs do dumb things sometimes that make you laugh.........mine had probably more than his share.

With sincere condolences

Cypress Sun

Dear Tom,

Please forgive me for posting this. Today, hubby said he doubted our beloved "pumpkin bumpkin," kitty named Obie (AKA OB, AKA Orange Boy) would live another year. We are giving him twice daily insulin shots. I just noticed, this week, that he walks "funny" (diabetic neuropathy :unsure: ) and plops down after a few steps. Just thinking about losing him makes me so sad. So, I know that the real loss of a beloved pet is heart breaking. (Dang! We need an emoticon with tears.)

I wish I could hug you right now. :(:blush:

Regards,

Allie "with tears in her eyes" Mo

Folks I have read here several times how some have lost their loyal 4 leged friend and although I felt for each and every one of a, I truly could not appreciate how you felt until today. I had to put my loyal friend Roscoe down today. Please think of him today will ya.

Tom Payne

And it never gets any easier. I'm sorry for your loss.

Allie, thank you so much. A hug would be greatly appreciated and much welcomed. I made up my mind after seeing him suffer through the seizures, and still it was not easy to do so. I say to you Allie, you will know when it is time. They are too good a friend to see them suffer because we don't want them to go.

"Now is the Winter of our discontent...."

I know how you feel, and it ain't great. My heartfelt sympathy.

eGG

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Pard Been there done that and it sucks, sorry to hear about your pup

Rafe :FlagAm:

Archived