SASS Wire Forum

Canada's Election ... Major Win for Freedom

Yesterdays Election promises more freedom for Gunowner with the scraping of the Long-gun registry .....

And mybe a hope for better treatment of the Law-abiding Citizens of this Nation....

Jabez Cowboy

GREAT TO HEAR! It's always encouraging to hear positive news on the gun front when things head in our direction. I'm happy for you folks and like you said maybe it's a start to more promising headway in reversing some more of the repressive laws you all have on the books. I'm not sure what Canada's case is, but I've lived in California all my life and during my adult life (when I cared about gun related issues) I've noticed a funny thing or two. Most of the places that I have lived in the state (now six different ones) have always been on the right side of the legislative isle to a very large degree. That is on gun issues, abortion, taxes, etc. But those same folk line up in droves to vote in the very same Democrats et all that vote in legislation that is 180 degrees opposed to their voting viewpoint. That in addition with the populations of LA and SF and we're doomed before we get started. It's the people making the laws that get us into trouble in the first place that we need to oust before we'll be able to change much of anything gunwise. Off my soap box now, I'm once again glad to hear your good news. Smithy.

I stayed up until midnight waiting to see if John Duncan, a fellow cowboy shootist would be re-elected in British Columbia, it was close for most of the night however, he was re-elected. In the last Parliament he was ironically, Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development....get it?....Cowboys and Indians. :P Never mind, I guess you had to be there. It will be interesting to see if he gets that position again.

I sometimes hear the liberals I work with say "we should be more like Canada".

With the Conservative Party getting the majority in the elections, hopefully it will resonate on this side of the border.

Congratulations on the win, Jabez.

I sometimes hear the liberals I work with say "we should be more like Canada".

With the Conservative Party getting the majority in the elections, hopefully it will resonate on this side of the border.

Congratulations on the win, Jabez.

The Conservatives up here now own the House and the Senate :):D

Hey Buffalo Creek Law Dog ;

I didn't Know that you's Knowed John .....

Great news on his win ,,,, I met him at his first real shoot some years back ,,,,, And yes we need more Cowboys in government ....

Jabez Cowboy

Yes Sir Jabez,

Things went right well! I was sorry to see some Tory Cabinet Ministers go down in defeat, sorry to see those damn flip-floppin' NDPee-ers from Northern Ontario get reelected (what the hell is wrong with those folks up there!?)and happy as heck to see those gun-grabbin Liberals assigned to the political trash heap along with the separatists. Now we'll see how "Chicken Jack" does as official opposition, more of the same I expect. And I'm sure we will see some sort of "unite the left" movement as well. Anyway, we Ontarions finally got it (mostly)right, like you westerners always did. Now we will just have to be vigilant that they do as promised and when that's done, do some more dismantling of our dumb ass gun laws. Belly-up to the bar pards! The beer is on us Canadians!! Go easy though, this here is real beer :D

I hear That Chicken Jack ( I apologize to the real Chickens) could acquit himself right well in a house for ILL Repute when he was younger ...

He has sure been sticking it to Canada for years ...

Jabez Cowboy

I have been trying all day to get that tune out of my head........."Happy days are here again..." :):):)

Swallowfork,

I recall we were in the same posse several years ago at a shoot at Oxford Fish and Game, before you moved out to big sky country. Wonderful to hear you are still on the right side of the turf, on this wonderful (hopefully) day for Canadian gun owners :excl:

Ole Home Day of da Wire ,,,,, Swallowfork introduce me ta yer friend Kid Java....

Howdy Kid .......

Buffalo Creek join da party ....

Jabez Cowboy

Best news we have had in years!

Hello Swallowfork, hope to see you at the Canadians up at Rocky again this year. Take care. :)

What's funniest is that the liberal media up there was predicting the conservatives would get trounced, based on their polling numbers. Either they did all their polling in liberal areas, the poll respondees lied about their choices, or the media lied and cooked the numbers when the polling results weren't what they wanted them to be. My bet is on the last.

Warm Congratulations and Attaboys to our Northern Neighbors!!!

I watched this one with great interest and was very pleased to see the overall results.

It is tough to track the province level results from down here in the lower 48 - I'll be in Quebec all next week and wondering how the political dialogue with my northern friends (they're in defense, so less liberal, in general) might shape up ?

Which way did the province trend (or maybe I should ask, how far back from the well left this time??) ?

Tx,

Harvey :lol:

Harvey ; Ya should be ok ...

They went from the "Block" a bunch of herd quitters to the almost Commie side NDP New Dunce Party....

Jabez Cowboy

Hello Swallowfork, hope to see you at the Canadians up at Rocky again this year. Take care. :)

Howdy right back at ya Buffalo Creek Law Dog. I plan to be at Rocky. I am also going to EOT in June.. Look forward to seeing you again pard.

Archived