SASS Wire Forum

John Wayne cartridges

Howdy:

I have a cartridge question. I bought two boxes of John Wayne commemorative 44-40 shells. One box is perfect and I am keeping that for posterity. The other box is damaged a bit so I plan to shoot them. Looking at the cartridges I notice what appears to be a band of copper just below the tip of the bullet. Does this make them ineligible to shoot at a match? Best looking cartridges I have ever seen and I would love to use the brass again.

Thanks for the info.

Frazee

Howdy:

I have a cartridge question. I bought two boxes of John Wayne commemorative 44-40 shells. One box is perfect and I am keeping that for posterity. The other box is damaged a bit so I plan to shoot them. Looking at the cartridges I notice what appears to be a band of copper just below the tip of the bullet. Does this make them ineligible to shoot at a match? Best looking cartridges I have ever seen and I would love to use the brass again.

Thanks for the info.

Frazee

Yes they are illegal at a match, but take them out and practice and reuse the brass when done.

KK

FR

Howdy pard...how ya doin back east now...

Are them Duke rounds the "new" ones (shiney box and came out only a year of so ago) or are them the old ones from the 1980's..(white box.

anyways I would check and see the value of them even on an individual cartridge price. I know some collectors pay good money for them even as a single.

I have a box of the old 32/40 and a box of the new 45lc put away...

good luck

see ya at another lunch some time

curley

Archived