SASS Wire Forum

Trail Boss and Dillon 550B Problems?

Some of my pards are telling me that there are problems with bridging with Trail Boss in the 550B powder system. I have loaded several thousand rounds already in my 550B and have never had a problem.

Has anyone else had such a problem?

Part II. I know someone who had problems using powder dippers with Trail Boss. They either when bang or phfft. Has anyone else had problems with TB and dippers???

Thanks...

Some of my pards are telling me that there are problems with bridging with Trail Boss in the 550B powder system.

Part II. I know someone who had problems using powder dippers with Trail Boss. They either when bang or phfft. Has anyone else had problems with TB and dippers???

Thanks...

I guess I ain't too smart :blink: .. don't know what bridging is :blush:

I use Trail Boss...since it came out.. I use a Dillon 550B... past 6-7 years..

I've never had a problem... and I've loaded 1000's of rounds on it with it...

I don't do dippers.. again :blush: ...whatever they are :mellow:

Rance <_<

thought I knew the terminology :blush:

Back when TB first came out, Dillon recommended that the rifle bar be used when loading with it. It's supposed to eliminate bridging problems. dippers, I can see where that could be problematic considering that TB takes up a lot of space. Remember an 8lb. jug only holds 5lbs. of TB.......Buck :blush:

I had a little problum when I first got mine,I put a fish air pump on the powder funnel and no more problum

Some of my pards are telling me that there are problems with bridging with Trail Boss in the 550B powder system. I have loaded several thousand rounds already in my 550B and have never had a problem.

Has anyone else had such a problem?

Thanks...

I've loaded thousands and thousands of rounds with nary a bobble. Bridging? Phooey! For powder charges under 4.5gr use the small bar. For those 4 or 4.5 and over, use the large bar (not magnum rifle)

Dippers are little plastic cups that come in a set. Usually graduated by CC, 1.0, 1.5 2.0, etc. Unless you've got the shaky-quakies and shake most of the powder out of the thing on the way to the case, I don't see how you could screw up hand dipping powder! (unless you didn't read directions very well and maybe used too little powder. That'll git ya a squib every time!)

Dump your powder after each loading session and your problems will go away!!! Bridging powder left on the hopper will cause big probls!!!

I changed the powder measure to a Lee auto-disk and have not had a problem and have loaded thousands of rounds. Just works better for me.

CCBA

My guess is that it will be caliber oriented,meaning if the orifice in the drop tube is small because the cases are small,bridging will occur.I had this happen with ..I believe..a .30 carbine setup using stick powders.No way was anything but ball powder gonna squeeze thru that tiny tube.Opening up the outlet could solve the problem...maybe.

Archived