SASS Wire Forum

CA State Championship

Patience IROT, They said at the awards scores maybe tomorrow......Lead Dispenser and Crazy Little Women Champs!!!

This was my first time to 5 Dogs and it won't be my last! I had a blast. What a well run match. What a great place to camp! What a great range!

Next time I want to shoot with a rifle that doesn't give up on me, I think I might do pretty good?

I loved the different scenarios, I'd love to shoot them with a rifle that thought the same :huh:

really great match, we were done early both days. had to leave early (yea big shock) so dont know any results. but thanks to everyone who put it on, and Sutter Lawman our fearless leader

hud

It was definately a great time! Hats off to Mescalero, Calgary Kate and all the the members of 5 Dogs for hosting a wonderful event. and as always the Howling Wolf provided a fun time for after shooting carousing. Oh and great vendors too!

It was definately a great time! Hats off to Mescalero, Calgary Kate and all the the members of 5 Dogs for hosting a wonderful event. and as always the Howling Wolf provided a fun time for after shooting carousing. Oh and great vendors too!

I shot in the "Old fart HASBEEN" class. I was in a class all by myself

hud

Hud was 1st in Classic Cowboy

Querida 1st Ladies Gunfighter

Fannie Mostly 1st Ladies B Western

Cole Younger 1st Mens B Western

Black Chip Mary 1st Ladies Frontier Cartridge

B Haven Badly 1st Ladies Wrangler

Snakebite 1st Frontier Cartridge

Big Iron Buster 1st Frontier Cartridge Duelist

Strait Shot Owen 1st Buckaroo Boys

Wild Root 1st Gunfighter

I don't remember the rest.

Calgary Kate and Mescalero said they'd have the full scores up Monday or Tuesday. The range is way off the grid with no ethernet or etherbunny.

Ran into town to take care of some business, so have access to internet this morning. Full scores will be on the website as soon as Mad Dog Draper gets home and has internet access (remember...we shoot on a working cattle ranch and off the grid). From my script for the awards ceremony, I can fill in some category winners in the meantime.

Plainsman lady: Sterling Star

Plainsman East: Snakebite

Plainsman West: Badmann Bob

Wild Bunch lady: Whirlwind Wendy

WB Modern: Reno Slim

WB Traditional: Bulldog Ric

Miss Chevious did really well in the pie contest, winning two of the three categories (can you tell which was my favorite event of the weekend?)

Buckaroo girls: Miss Mean Jean

Buckaroo boys: Straight Shot Owen

Young guns: Bullet Storm

B Western: Cole Younger and Fannie Mostly

Frontiersman: Hay Guy

FCD: Big Iron Buster

Frontier Cartridge: Black Chip Mary and Snakebite

Gunfighter: Querida and Wildroot

Duelist: Lola Jane and Wily Yankee

Senior duelist: Reno Slim

Senior: Cicada and Hells Comin

Silver Senior: Running Bare and Tex Fiddler

Elder Statesman/Grand Dame: Bloody Bill Anderson and Stage Coach Sally

Cowgirl/boy: Crazy Little Woman and Lead Dispencer

Wrangler/Lady Wranger: Taggart and B Haven Badly

49er: Addie Rose and Long Swede

Dog Pack Invitational Team Shoot: Whirlwind Wendy, Mad Dog McCoy and Sackett

Ladies Overall and California State Champion: Crazy Little Woman

Mens Overall and California State Champion: Lead Dispencer

The REAL winner was 5 Dogs Creek, who had the pleasure to host as nice a group of people who ever assembled in one place for any reason. As an example, shooters have been camped in our big field for the better part of a week in some cases...yesterday afternoon almost everybody pulled out and you couldn't find a speck of trash ANYwhere. Thank you all for being great shooters, great guests and outstanding companions !!!

Regards, Mescalero

We had a great time at 5 Dogs and we are already planning on returning next year. Many thanks to everyone for your warm welcome.

Ricochet Roy & Roy's Rose

Ricochet Roy's Old West

I just recieved a great private message from a shooter that won her category as being

the new ???????

she took the time out of her schedule

.................................................to thank someone

that she felt

had shared, time and positive inspriation

.................... that may have helped in her great achievement

names are not important

its the SASS family way

I thank her, for sharing in the most positive results.....

What a great weekend! Saw lots and lots of great fiends -- and made a whole bunch of new ones. The shooting was fast and looked like a whole lot of fun. The Howling Wolf Saloon was legendary...as usual.

Thanks everyone for coming out and making it a memorable weekend!

I'm with Bo (he knows!) on this, it was the most enjoyable shoot I've been involved with. I didn't win, I didn't place, but heck... I rarely do shooting as slow as I do. And I didn't shoot poorly, for me anyway, either. But the stages were, I thought, well done and fair, I got to shoot with some friends I don't get a chance to very often AND meet some new to me people, and it was, by all appearances, done smoothly and fast. This match was voted the #1 match last year, and I thought it was better this year, my thanks to all those who worked so hard behind the scenes to put it on.

And on the social side Gus Ashcroft and Brandy Rose did, as always, a FANTASTIC job with the Howling Wolf Saloon, giving us a place to relax and do a little card playing and drinking in the evenings.

My congrats to all the shooters and Yeehaaaa!

Please put down the pitchfork and be patient. Folks are just getting home from the range. (Everyone else gets to leave, but there's a lot of work to do afterward!) The scores have been sent to the webmaster. He'll get them up as quickly as he can.

Guest coyote

Placing 5th in Cowboy was really a kodak :) moment fer me. Da whole match is always an experience to behold and is why my dad (old lawdawg) n' me keep returning year after year.

Archived