SASS Wire Forum

Midwest Classic

Samuel "Doc" Eells

Talk about awesome! I have got to say that Mose and Nuttin put together 10 fast and challenging stages. Target placement, just the right amount of movement, target sequences and transitions all were as good as at any match I have ever shot! The weather held off and could not have been any better for us. And as if that is not enough, we had a party! Meet and greet one night, fish fry and sing along Dooley style the next night and topped it off with more pizza than I have seen in one place ever along with another round of music!

Posse 9 was awesome. I Especially thank Mean Gun Mark and Stone Creek Drifter for being my backup! You guys are the best. Then there was "camper row" along the range. So good to see all the Possum Trot Gang, along with Fannie and Tight Ass..I mean Mr. Gnats Ass. Drifter, Mose and Bella and MJ, and yep, Dodger and Lilly along with Sweet Sister Kit.

Crown Royal did a great job of sponsoring this match!

Have to second Doc's sentiments - though I would like to add that the Fish Fry Friday night along with entertainment was also a plus for the weekend. Though I will say that the WIND - I say WIND - did make me feel like I was back in Wyoming. Met Slick McClade and Jubel - and I must say what fine southern gentleman they were - hope to see and shoot with them in the future.

A hearty congrats to Tator and Dew-r-Die for being Top Man and Woman Overall!

TL B)

All them great words Doc,,, all we can say is THANKS for all the help... I lived the match through my droid-pics-phone and text....Thats a awsome throphy you posted and the buckel just sets it off.... The triple Crown has started. The U.S.Open is next.. T-Bone

All them great words Doc,,, all we can say is THANKS for all the help... I lived the match through my droid-pics-phone and text....Thats a awsome throphy you posted and the buckel just sets it off.... The triple Crown has started. The U.S.Open is next.. T-Bone

I hear ya T Bone! Drifter, Mose and Blackwater Desperado did a great job on the trophies! And the buckle design is awesome! US Open, I am ready. I know it is hard to imagine a shoot better than the Classic was, but I know some of the stuff in the works for it, and man oh man is it going to be great! Folks, ya better be givin serious thought to signing up for this event!

TL, You were great to have on the posse! You, Dry Fire, Ugly, Buffalo Creek Kid and Doc, Hope your with me for the Open!

Even though I didn't get near a buckle (I did bump the table when I was inspecting them)...this Missouri shooter didn't know you could have that much fun in the state of Illinois...the World Shooting Complex is an ideal place for shooting cowboy...

Mose and Nuttin (and many others) great job on the stages and all the extras...Friday night fish fry was spectacular (thanks Possum Trot Gang)...great pizza and Awards Banquet on Saturday night...

Nice to meet the Louisiana and Possum Trot Gang...

Thanks Posse 3 great shooting with you all...Fire n Fall Back great job as posse marshall (and telling stories on Sat night) - I'll be shooting with you again soon I am sure...

Thanks Shaddai Vaquero and Nuttin for the tips - I will use all this old cowboy can remember...

A tip of my hat to Ringer the 49er category winner and 2nd overall...

Congrats to Tater and Dew...Men and Women overall Champs...

See you at the OPEN...and several before that...

Kid Doubleday

Congratulations on your win in the Duelist category Doc :)I'll try not to give Shell Stuffer any grief about it :lol: It was a great match and I am looking forward to the next 2 in the Triple Crown. I had a great posse (8), look forward to shooting with them again. Wild Bunch match was definetely WILD. :D

To Doc Eels. Had a great time with ya' and we'll do 'er again Pard! Curtis Lowe rocked both nights!

To Mose 'n' Bella. Thanks for everything and for letting me be involved. Call on me any time!

To Mose. Man you did a hellofa job and it worked great! Can't wait for Open!

To Nuttin' and Honey. Thanks to you I've still got a tent and all of my stuff. You guys, I've got your backs no matter what!!

To all the people who worked behind the scenes to make it look so good and work so well. YOU ROCK!!

To every posse and posse marshal! I had a great time shooting with you! I got a chance to shoot with every posse and each one was gracious and welcoming as well as supportive! Thank You All!!

To all the folks who came to my rescue when the wind tried to wipe out my tent. You folks proved that nothing can beat a bunch of determined cowboys with a job that needs doin', and that all the things that we say about each other being the best are the truest of truth!

I can't say enough good about the match, the people who set it up, the folks who came out to participate, and the people who run WSC.

Finally, to the folks that missed this, the kickoff to the Triple Crown. You'd better git on yer horses and pick up the trail. This is the start of what looks to be the best series of matches to ever be put together! Folks will remember what happens in the Triple Crown from now on!!

I'm glad I get to be in it!!

WOW is right Doc, and I'd like to add OUTSTANDING, FANTASTIC, STUPENDOUS, OVER THE TOP, and...well you get my drift! I'd hafta agree this was one fine match. My hats off to Mose, Bella, MJ, Nuttin, Honey and T-Bone(sorry ya couldn't make it Bone). They put on one heckuva match. And as always there's a whole buncha other folks who helped as well, no way to name them all. Great stages, Wild Bunch match, side matches, LOTS of Crown Royal, GOOD TIMES WITH GOOD FRIENDS...it don't get no better'n this! Round one of the Triple Crown is in the books and Fannie Kicker and I have no doubt that it will only get better at the U.S. Open and then ya better hang on tight for the finale, the one and only Comin' at Cha!

I hear ya T Bone! Drifter, Mose and Blackwater Desperado did a great job on the trophies! And the buckle design is awesome! US Open, I am ready. I know it is hard to imagine a shoot better than the Classic was, but I know some of the stuff in the works for it, and man oh man is it going to be great! Folks, ya better be givin serious thought to signing up for this event!

TL, You were great to have on the posse! You, Dry Fire, Ugly, Buffalo Creek Kid and Doc, Hope your with me for the Open!

Doc, had a great time over the weekend shooting with you and your cohorts. Looking forward to shooting the next leg of the "Triple Crown" with you fellas.

We were signed up for this match and couldn't make because Rattlesnake couldn't miss school because of Testing. ERRRRR I hate 6th grade worse now than the first time around!!!! I'm glad it was a great match and everyone had fun! I can't wait to go shoot there for the US Open.

Congrats to Tator and all the other winners!

Colt

Heee Haaa Doc ..Are the scores posted anywhere????? :unsure:

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

the scores are now posted on the bar 3 website. www.badlandsbar3@yahoo.cothanks to everyone who came to's upport us at the midweat classic. we had a great time shooting with and partying with lol all of our cowboy friends. congrats to all the winners and a huge thanks to everyone who helpex us and worked behind the scenes cooking, cleaning, sorting, typing, packing, etc we could never have pulled it off without u. we cant wait to until the us open to do it again.

by the way save the.date on your calendar for the same time next year and we will do it again.

midwest classic 4th weekend in april 2012

Heee Haaa Doc..Thanks and Congrats..

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo.. :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Thanks also to Dodger and Lilly B. Haven and Mogollon Drifter for their hospitality, (AS USUAL)!!

Same goes for Doc and Mean Gun Mark, and Triple Double to Rio Drifter and Tennessee Tall!!

MY COWBOY FRIENDS ARE THE GREATEST!!

Extra Special Thanks to The POSSUM TROT CREW for the Friday night fish fry!! My home folks always shine when the time comes!

Titus and Fanny, thank you for the kind words at the banquet!

DANG!!! IT'S NICE TO HAVE FRIENDS!!

WHAT A MATCH! WHAT A MATCH! WHAT A MATCH! :FlagAm::wub:

I just knew I was gonna miss something special and now y'all are makin' me feel worse than I already did.

We just got our confirmations for the next two legs of the Triple Crown and we will be there hoping to meet a lot of folks that we haven't seen in years and a lot of new folks that we want to meet (at least new to us).

Mose and Bella always do a great job at whatever they do and it looks like this was no exception.

Congratulations to all the winners, which seems to be everybody that attended, and we'll see y'all down the line.

Cascade Charlie & Tenshot Tammy

Shaddai, thank you friend. As always though, I knew I could not back out of it cause you and Shell Stuffer would make me regret it if I did! I look forward to all of us meeting on the range again! Blackwater, you are welcome at my fire anytime! We did have a grand time of it! And since you mention the fish fry, I am still lickin my fingers over that one! Now ya'll quit bringin up stuff that I forgot. Just everyone know, every part of this match and every person that worked on this match are the best. If you missed it, you heard Bella, come next year!

We had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones as well. It's always a blast with the Dooley Gang involved. Sure can get WINDY in Sparta!

Nice to meet Stone Creek (thanks for the cake!) Drifter and see Split Rail again.

US Open will be our next trip to this shooting venue - gotta be one of the best in the world.

CR

Nobody mentioned that Tater not only won overall but he shot it clean.

Hats off!

I still can't believe that you folks went ahead and had a shoot knowing I wasn't gone to be able to be there :unsure:

Nobody mentioned that Tater not only won overall but he shot it clean.

Hats off!

I still can't believe that you folks went ahead and had a shoot knowing I wasn't gone to be able to be there :unsure:

Yeah!! Tater had a total of 19 rank points.

As to the other, we missed you but a feller's gotta' do...... :lol:

Noz, due to the large number of North Alabama Regulators that were out of power, water, etc. after the tornadoes, the club had to postpone the two day match scheduled for this past weekend. Sugah and I learned of this Friday and promptly packed our stuff, drove to Illinois, arrived at 11:00 p.m., got up Saturday morning and shot 10 stages...before we realized you weren't there. When we were through shooting, I said, "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Where's Noz?" and people said, "Noz is not here" and I thought, "Well, dern! If I'da known that, I wouldn't have even come." I promise that's what I thought. You believe me, don't cha?

We did miss you...and we really did talk about it. Were your ears burning?

Noz, due to the large number of North Alabama Regulators that were out of power, water, etc. after the tornadoes, the club had to postpone the two day match scheduled for this past weekend. Sugah and I learned of this Friday and promptly packed our stuff, drove to Illinois, arrived at 11:00 p.m., got up Saturday morning and shot 10 stages...before we realized you weren't there. When we were through shooting, I said, "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Where's Noz?" and people said, "Noz is not here" and I thought, "Well, dern! If I'da known that, I wouldn't have even come." I promise that's what I thought. You believe me, don't cha?

Buck,

Talk about taking lemons and making lemon-aid.

Congrats on your GF win.

Smoke

The match was great!!!! We had a blast seeing our friends from way up north ;). It was a pleasure serving as posse marshal for posse 6, and a very special thanks to Alamo Kid for putting up with us and keeping score. Words just cant describe how much fun we had in the four days of being there. The fish fry was awesome,the pizza was great & the awards were very cool, but best of all the friends we made was priceless!!! Cant wait until the next trip to sparta.

Thanks for all the fun!!!!!

Slick

Congratulations to all you winners and everyone involved in a great match. Wild Bunch was a true test of endurance and abillity and was fun and the two days of cowboy shootin and new and old friends couldn't be any better. The food was great!

Well, OK. But don't let it happen again!

wow thanks everyone for alll the great coments. good matches are easy when you have great shooters attending. a special thanks to all the pposse leaders girls behind the scenes and of course the cooks. I have to admit that the most fun I had during the event was watching the team stages. the random draw seemed to stack some teams and put some together who had never met. the look on everyones face when tn tall grabbed her shotgun and saved the big boys buts was priceless. we will do it again real soon.

mose

wow thanks everyone for alll the great coments. good matches are easy when you have great shooters attending. a special thanks to all the pposse leaders girls behind the scenes and of course the cooks. I have to admit that the most fun I had during the event was watching the team stages. the random draw seemed to stack some teams and put some together who had never met. the look on everyones face when tn tall grabbed her shotgun and saved the big boys buts was priceless. we will do it again real soon.

mose

Mose, you do good work. I missed the Classic but am looking forward to the Open.

Archived