SASS Wire Forum

Danged if I didn't do it again!

I had a clean match going at our re-scheduled monthly club shoot yesterday, and choked during the final pistol shots of the 5th stage, finishing the match with one miss. That happens to me fairly often, for some reason.

Bummer dude. I had a clean match going yesterday and slowed way down on the last two stages...and stayed clean. Some days it works, some days not so much.

I had a clean match going at our re-scheduled monthly club shoot yesterday, and choked during the final pistol shots of the 5th stage, finishing the match with one miss. That happens to me fairly often, for some reason.

Well Greg, I haven't been shooting SASS long enough to know if I'll be in that same boat, but I do already have a "one shy" shoot under my belt. Clean to the last stage and was shooting off a pickle bucket pony and froze on one of my rifle shots to the far right. Go figure. I did shoot registered skeet in the NSSA for over 20 years and of course you know that goes in 25 round runs with your "option" shot (or the odd 25th shot) being taken either as a double of the one you just missed or of the 24th target you just shot. Either way it adds up to 25 rounds. I lost count of the number of times that I took my option at the last shell but after missing the 24th target so yes I have NEVER gone straight in skeet. I would get to the end and get so nervous because I hadn't missed, I would end up missing. It's my own darn fault. Smithy.

Twice at different state matches.

10th stage 2nd pistol MISS!

Both times I had thought about slowing down to clean but....I was already shooting at my slow (normal) speed :(

Have had that happen 4 times , once was the last shot of the match!!! GROWL!!!!!! Hang in there pard. Yours. Nota John

I've dropped a round or two on the last 25 at trap more times than I can count. Father-in-law always referred to it as "the bad brain" taking over.

LAST shot, last stage at State Match last year, stinks, don't it???

I did more or less the same thing at Cavalier. One miss all day.

Stinks don't it.

That's happened to me several times. Last time it was the very last shot on the very last stage.

But ya' know......lunch tasted just as good, and the beer was just as cold after the shoot!

On the one clean match I shot I actually didn't know it was a clean match until the end. I knew I was shootin' pretty good, but I wasn't keeping track of my misses. Since then of course, I pay attention and miss the last shot. Go figure!

It affects different people different ways.

I cannot shoot my home club clean.

I have shot the Arkansas Leadslingers monthly clean once.

I have shot LandRun clean once.

I have shot Comin at Cha clean twice(one with a P. Damn those chickens)

Archived