SASS Wire Forum

40 years ago today

Big Jake1001

I got home from Viet Nam March 10th 1971, 30 days leave, report to Camp Pendelton Calif. April 9th 1971. My wifes' birthday, turned 21. April 21st. My birthday, turned 21. May 1st 1971 we drove to Lake Tahoe and got hitched. My parents and brother and sister were there with a couple of Marines we brought along. Lots of friends showed up and my Wife's Mother and brother flew up from Anaheim. Then party for the weekend before the trip back to Pendelton. 1 year later I was discharged from the USMC.

Now 3 kids later,39..33..23 and retired from the U.S.Post Office 20 years, 10 years Limo Driver. I'm through working! I want to travel the USA in my Chevrolet (Suburban) see the sights, visit all the people and shoot Cowboy wherever there's a match.

Well that's the plan, if the good Lord lets me. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Congrats on your anniversary, yu got me by tu yers, and thank you very much for your service! that was a rough era and you served your country well. :excl:

hope we meet on the trail, ;)

cheyenne :D

Congratulations Jake and Mrs Jake. Hope the plan works out sounds like you two might just deserve the outing.

Good luck to you both. Life is short and can sure throw you a curve sometimes...get out and enjoy.

bb

Thanks all. My wife has over 20 years with the School District, works with handicapped kids who have Autism or Downs syndrome. She also works at Disneyland in the baby care center where people can come in and feed or change their kids. Part time job 2 years now.

Since we both just turned 61 a few weeks ago, I may have to wait until she retires next year (hopefully) before our next journey starts. Most of my friends across the U.S. are planning the same thing, buying new Trucks with fifth wheels getting ready to see the USA. I hope to see some of you at Cowboy Shoots and sit around the campfire and tell tall tales. What it was like in the OLD days. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Interesting - both you and I are celebrating anniversaries and my wife used to work at Disneyland too - however she was Dale, Chip, and even Grumpy :lol:

Tell her she is admired for what she does!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Jake. You have us beat by a few months. Barely There (yes that is her SASS name) and I will be married 40 years this August 13. Got married on a Friday, that way we would have an excuse if the 19 year old (me) and the 18 year old (her) didn't stay together. but we are still here, a son and daughter grown and out of house. Now if I could just get her to start shooting.... but sometimes knowing what will happen and what won't is the secret to a long marriage.

Congrats Mr & Mrs Jake. Ours was back in Nov... I'd just got orders over, and she said, "if you don't do it now... I ain't waitin'!" I figured she just wanted the $10K DB... but, doggone if she ain't stuck it out! When I retire I think I'll just build my own range... invite some friends over in the middle of the week and let others do the drivin' off the farm! Might chip in for "gogo juice" with someone else in exchange fer a seat.

Congratulations to you & Mrs. Jake. My the good Lord bless you with many more.

--Dawg

Archived