SASS Wire Forum

Texas Ten Horns

Guest diablo slim shootist

WE had 41 new shooters at our first "New Shooters Clinic"

We had a ball teaching everyone about Cowboy Action Shooting.

If your club has not had one -You should! Seeing new

shooters with ear to ear grins is worth the price of admission!

Thanks to all who helped make this a fun and exciting day in

North Texas!!! :P:lol:;)

And who are you again -I forget :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: O yea your the guy with the new greatwesterns I still have not got

to shoot!!!!

Congratulations on a great job of adding new shooters to the sport. I can't imagine having 41 folks for a new shooters school. The Tejas Caballeros had 18 this weekend at our new shooters orientation at our Flat FCreek Range near Dripping Springs outside Austin. I sympathize with your exhaustion--I was well-spent by the end of the day. But we got 18 folks to learn about the sport; shoot pistols, rifles and shotguns (some had never shot anything before); and we even had a few shoot an entire stage riding our mine car down the track and shooting at shotgun targets. I think we hooked several on the sport. I was also excited to see that the majority of our new folks were youngsters--from young Buckaroos and Juniors to twentysomethings.

Between your 41 and our 18, we may have added 4-5 new posses to the sport. I encourage other clubs to consider a new shooters recruitment effort--whether you hold it yourself or help a neighboring club do it. It will pay off for you in the long run.

Had a great time, bought the future wife a new gun and granddaughter had a blast. They'll be regulars.

We need to get our gran-daughters together for some friendly competition! ;)

Congratulations on a great job of adding new shooters to the sport. I can't imagine having 41 folks for a new shooters school. The Tejas Caballeros had 18 this weekend at our new shooters orientation at our Flat FCreek Range near Dripping Springs outside Austin. I sympathize with your exhaustion--I was well-spent by the end of the day. But we got 18 folks to learn about the sport; shoot pistols, rifles and shotguns (some had never shot anything before); and we even had a few shoot an entire stage riding our mine car down the track and shooting at shotgun targets. I think we hooked several on the sport. I was also excited to see that the majority of our new folks were youngsters--from young Buckaroos and Juniors to twentysomethings.

Between your 41 and our 18, we may have added 4-5 new posses to the sport. I encourage other clubs to consider a new shooters recruitment effort--whether you hold it yourself or help a neighboring club do it. It will pay off for you in the long run.

We set up 4 stages. Broke them into 4 posses and let them shoot two complete stages. We let them get the real feel of it with letting them spot, pick brass etc.. Diablo and I had our firearms for them to pick from. At our stage they had choices of Vaqueros, Bisleys and Open Tops for revolvers, a Marlin 1894 Cowboy, 73 in 44-40 and 73 in 38/357 and two shotguns.

The other stage marshalls did similar so the new shooters had a chance to sample just about everything we Cowboys use (including the holy black). We'll post some pictures in the next couple of days.

Well worth the effort.

Traveller

Archived