SASS Wire Forum

Leg cramps after a shoot

Guest Mace Bishop

As a High School Football coach for some 30 yrs+, we've always stressed hydration the night before and pre-game hydration 3-4 hrs before the contest. Most of us cannot do pre-game stuff but you can avoid caffeine and milk with your breakfast and include fruit and juices. Do not allow yourself to get thirsty. Hydrate, hydrate and hydrate some more and get off your feet even it's for just 5- 10 minutes. It is ok to put cool water on your head and face too, as needed!

Another strategy to use is to put either gel or athletic shoe inserts in your boots. Western boots were not not made for walking the long periods of time we walk in them so a pair of inserts will save both legs and feet. I have taken inserts out old crosstraining athletic shoes and put them in my boots and saved a few bucks in the process. Believe me, they really do help.

Kindest regards,

CBA

From my ultra marathon bicycling days - hydration, food, electrolytes, cal/mag/zinc tablets. Drink before you're tirsty, eat before you're hungry. If you are not urinating, you're not drinking enough. Overdo the water and you'll eliminate electrolytes. Get to know your body.

CR

Archived