SASS Wire Forum

SECURITY TIP FOR CLASSIFIEDS POSTERS

Pards, you should never ever list your true name, phone number or address on this or any other public forum especially firearms forums. Anybody can read them. Everyone who reads them is not a good guy & you're inviting the scumbags to burglarize your home and steal all manner of valuables, including your guns, not to mention identity theft.

Such information should be kept to PMs or email. A word to the wise..............................

Pards, you should never ever list your true name, phone number or address on this or any other public forum especially firearms forums. Anybody can read them. Everyone who reads them is not a good guy & you're inviting the scumbags to burglarize your home and steal all manner of valuables, including your guns, not to mention identity theft.

Such information should be kept to PMs or email. A word to the wise..............................

Col.

You are so right.

Thanks,

Paladin

Good advice!

I managed a payment card fraud department for a couple years. You won't believe what goes on. Just as we have this forum, crooks have a credit card information forum where they sell stolen credit card information, skimming equipment, etc. The Secret Service came to our last meeting and gave a demonstration. In one online transaction, a 23 year old crook sold over 150,000 credit card numbers, with complete information. The SS and other organizations continue to track these guys, but it's a non-violent crime and doesn't get the attention it should.

Don't do anything to make their thefts easier.

I'm always mildly shocked when I see people post their email addresses. There are bots that harvest them, even from private forums.

On the other hand,

I'm an FFL and breaking in here is a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison.....if you survive.

Archived