SASS Wire Forum

Information on Texas Star

Padre P.W. #18726

Looking for information on acquiring a Texas Star.

would like to add it to the Indiana State 2011 Championship match in July

plans to built one would be a consideration also

thanks

Info on the Texas Star:

http://www.ccidpa.org/friends.html#TXSTAR

The "Texas Star" steel target: The famous Texas Star target from the original inventor and maker Terry Ashton of San Angelo, Tx. Contact Terry for current pricing and availability by phone at 325-655-2809.

I got my Texas Star target from the original inventor and maker Terry Ashton of San Angelo, Tx. Contact Terry for current pricing and availability by phone at 325-655-2809.

I did a lot of research last year and that was my decision, can be set up for standard pistol loads, light loads or .22s.

Info on the Texas Star:

http://www.ccidpa.or...nds.html#TXSTAR

The "Texas Star" steel target: The famous Texas Star target from the original inventor and maker Terry Ashton of San Angelo, Tx. Contact Terry for current pricing and availability by phone at 325-655-2809.

I got my Texas Star target from the original inventor and maker Terry Ashton of San Angelo, Tx. Contact Terry for current pricing and availability by phone at 325-655-2809.

I did a lot of research last year and that was my decision, can be set up for standard pistol loads, light loads or .22s.

+1!

Terry is a heck of a nice guy, who shoots and supports the sport. His product is often copied but NEVER equaled.

Olen

The MGM is an excellent target and works well for higher power rifles.

From what I've read and talked with others who have the targets, for our game either will work, but the original seems to be just a little better.

The Texas Star is an invention of the devil.

It is an evil thing and brings bad luck to all that attempt to shoot them.

I get a knot in my stomach every time I approach one of these hateful things.

The Texas Star is an invention of the devil.

It is an evil thing and brings bad luck to all that attempt to shoot them.

I get a knot in my stomach every time I approach one of these hateful things.

Yep I hear tell eva man whut has bought one has had his private parts scrivel an fall off. Best ta leave tha damn thing alone!

RRR

We shoot the Texas Star every match and how have added a Polish Plate Rack which makes the Texas Star seem like child's play.

I built a lock on our Texas Star to make it easier to reload and also to move around.

If you want to try the Texas Star here's a link to a website I created where you can shoot it online. This does not work with all browsers as it was designed just for Internet Explorer but it does seem to work on Firefox.

Texas Star Online

For a picture of our Polish Plate Rack use this link.

Polish Plate Rack

It pivots on the center and has ten knock off targets like the Texas Star. The pipe on each end contain a weight that falls out if the cross bar get past about 45 degrees, then it really takes off. We give a ten second bonus if the shooter can knock off all ten targets without the end weights falling out.

We add a lot of variations to our Texas Star such as:

Put a wooden box below it, give a bonus for each target dropped into the box.

Place a couple of clay birds below the targets, give a bonus or penalty for each clay bird broken.

Give a bonus for any target touching another target.

Paint the targets 3 red, 2 white. Require the shooter shoot a red one off first then alternate red/white.

Paint the targets 5 different colors, paint five washers the same colors and put them in a hat. Shooter draws one washer out and must knock that color target off first.

AND IF YOU REALLY WANT A CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cover the top half of the Texas Star with a piece of plywood and require shooters to shoot all targets off the bottom of the target.

Sage Creek Gus

Looking for information on acquiring a Texas Star.

would like to add it to the Indiana State 2011 Championship match in July

plans to built one would be a consideration also

thanks

Check with J.D. at Bristol (Wolffsrowdyrangers.com) They have one, perhaps a loan could be arrianged?

Archived