SASS Wire Forum

First Match

Cowboy Small

I'm very excited about getting into CAS. I have all my guns (shot my vaqueros today at lunch for the first time). Loaded a bunch of 38's. I will be shooting with the Tejas Caballeros this Saturday. I still need some of the stuff, but I have what I need to make some noise and have some fun. Thanks to Phantom and Dragon Hill Dave for the time and attention (and ammo) given to the newbie.

Good for you. Be safe, have fun and don't worry about being the best shooter for your first match. Relax and have a great time. Be sure to come back!!

I see you got hooked too. I went to a match before I got all the equipment. Now I am itching to get my equipmetn and really get going in this. Remember to have fun.

Remain calm Grasshopper. You will experience many wonders. :lol:

Cowboy, welcome to SASS...I see where you now have the same sickness everyone else around here has. But it ok, there is a treatment (shooting often and fast), just not a cure! Like Whiskey I'm new around here too, shot my first match in March. You'll have as much fun as your wallet will allow!!

Welcome to the best thing out there.

Go slow, be safe and enjoy your first match. I know that the cowboys in your area are probably just as welcoming as the ones that I have shot with over the southeast.

WARNING!!!! Cowboy action shooting can be addictive!!! Symptoms include: Overspending on guns, reloading equipment, leather, leather supplies, costuming. Intensive reloading study and practice. Hours spent snap capping at family portraits on the wall. Staying up all hours watching every western in your collection, trying to develop a CAS personna. Obsessive cart designing and building. Not to mention eye and wrist strain from SASS Wire Forum"ing". Followed by pistol, rifle, and shotgun "action" quality insecurity, costume "rule" confusion, and large shooting club envy. Just to name a few.

I shot my first stage at an indoor shoot in March, and shot 2 matches with the local club since, and haven't been able to pry the smile off my face yet. My advice as a newby is, have fun, enjoy the wonderfull folks, and shoot like you don't care. It's more fun than person should be allowed to have.

"Who knows..."

The Silver Shadow

Hey Cowboy Small! Looking forward to having you at the Cabs. We have some great stages for you, and we will have the mine car runnin' for some great gunnin' right out of the movies. We will also have about 20 new shooters attending our orientation to learn more about the sport while you are blasting away. I hope they all become as interested as you. Welcome to our club and all the great shooting to be had in Central Texas!

Like the others have said WELCOME!!! Your in for the time of your life. Me and Lady Cheyenne just shot are first large match two weeks ago it was just like shooting my fist time it was great. Every were we have been the folks have been great. Have Fun and shoot straight.

3 things..

you will walk away grinning...

on the drive home you will be grinning....

lat that night,and prolly the next day, YOU WILL BE GRINNING.

it IS that much fun !! :)

After 14 years I"m still a grinnin' !!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

Muddled my way through the match....lots o fun.

can't wait to do it again :D

Cowboy Small

Archived