SASS Wire Forum

JLG 32 "Lemon Squeezer"

Marshall John Joseph

Since this is not for sale, I posted on this "side of the Wire". Just wanted some info from you "edumacated" pards. I just bought a JLG "Lemon Squeezer" "Secret Servise Special For 32 S&W Ctgs" stamped on the top flat of the 3" barrel. It seems to be in 80%+ but needs some cleaning. Says "Spain" on the frame just in front of the trigger guard. Cylinder rotates freely clockwise. All functions seem crisp and proper. I know a little about them from Internet Research: Smith and Wesson look alike made in Spain and imported into the United States at the turn of the century.

Although these are not photos of my actual gun, I got these from a Gunbroker Auction. It is the exact same firearm. I paid $50.00. Any info or comments?

th_lemonsqueezer2-1.jpg

th_JLG-1.jpg

th_lemonsqueezer3.jpg

Marshall John Joseph

This information is copied off of another site I frequent. The author is one Bill Goforth (RIP), who penned the book considered the utmost in information for small, inexpensive pocket pistols from say 1870 to 1920. He passed away about 6 months ago, and we are saddened by the loss.

"SECRET SERVICE SPECIAL HAMMERLESS

(manufactured for FRED BIFFAR Co.)----------------------1912-????

LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION: This revolver is the same as the U.S. Revolver Co. Automatic Hammerless model only the markings on the barrel and the grips are different. The grips and barrel markings are the same as the hammer model. This revolver Brand name is sold only through Fred Biffar Co. of Chicago. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see.

VALUE: Iver Johnson: manufacture same as U. S. Revolver Co. equivalent

H&R Arms Co. manufacture 10% less than U. S. Revolver Co. equivalent

H&A Firearms Co. manufacture 15% less than U. S. Revolver Co. equivalent

Meriden Firearms Co. manufacture 20% less than U. S. Revolver Co. equivalent

Unknown Spanish manufacture 25% less than U. S. Revolver Co. equivalent"

His book is available here;

Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works 1871-1993

available from www.gunshowbooks.com

He never finished his second work, H&R Arms Company 1871-1986, another gentleman is in the process of the final draft I beleive.

Archived