SASS Wire Forum

Ring Guard Bowie

Well, the topic says it. I've been looking online for a ring guard bowie, but I've only found one guy that made one, and only one. With all the SASS shooters that also make knives, I would think someone would tackle this project.

In case you don't know what kind of knife I'm talking about, Ike Clanton was spinning one in the movie Tombstone.

Thanks,

Rufus

Well, the topic says it. I've been looking online for a ring guard bowie, but I've only found one guy that made one, and only one. With all the SASS shooters that also make knives, I would think someone would tackle this project.

In case you don't know what kind of knife I'm talking about, Ike Clanton was spinning one in the movie Tombstone.

Thanks,

Rufus

If it is what I'm thinking of, I believe that Dixie Gun Works has one. I think they call it a Rebel Bowie.

Al

I passed on buying THE knife that was on the movie. $150.

Thanks for all the replys. Here's my responses:

Al, Dixie's knife is a D Guard. What I want is a loop just for the trigger finger.

Ethan (Kicking Himself) Cord, WHY? Is it still available?

Rube, that's close, but it's a readily available D Guard. Nice Knife.

RHL, YES, that type is what I want. Couldn't find a price. I'll call them.

Doc Fillem, THAT'S IT! I can't afford $450 for a knife, though.

Theywalkamongus, I didn't see what I was looking for on that site. Thanks.

I really appreciate y'all taking the time to post those sites.

Rufus

If you can get a pencil tip torch you should be able to control the flame also if you can get some Tix low temp high strength silver solder it would help. Brownels sells it. A metal barrier like a scrap of flashing would not hurt either.

Rufus,

Sorry it was gone many years ago. My friend Logan supplied many of the props and leather rigs for the movie. He had them for sale at a SASS match not long after the movie came out and I had not seen it yet. Yep I have kicked myself more than once, I should have bought all the knives.

I memory serves, I think Logan said the one you are interested in was an African style of some sort. That may help you in tracking one down.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for all the replys. Here's my responses:

Ethan (Kicking Himself) Cord, WHY? Is it still available?

Rufus

Archived