SASS Wire Forum

So how many pards have bought a delorian?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I just have to wonder if any pards have bought one of the time machine cars.

And if so have you been back to the future???

Best

CR

Had a co-worker that had (has?) one but he retired. Don't know when he is now.

took me a second, but then I got it. Good 1. A buddy of mine has 4 of them, they are quite a car, a worth a bundle

hud

You don't need a Delorian to reach the future. Just recently I got a phone call from some guy with a thick accent trying to sell me something. He said his name was "Danny", and he was from Orlando. I didn't believe him, and after I pressed the issue, he said his name was something like Prakeesh Patel, and he was actually in Mumbai, India. The place he works at makes them take "Christian" names that won't offend Americans; easier to make a sale that way.

Turns out he was 12 1/2 times zones ahead of me, and it was already tomorrow where his little cubicle was. I ended the call explaining to Prakeesh that I was happy knowing there was going to be a tomorrow, since I was speaking to somebody who was already there. :rolleyes:

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

I've tried to travel into the future, but by the time I get there, it's the present.

I'm of the opinion that the present is not just a moment in time, but rather the entire time between blinks. You can make time stand still if you....don't blink. :ph34r:

They are being built again. If I remember the story right, right here in Texas.

DeLorean Motor Company

There are a few for sale.

I'll be about a block away from the CA location tonight on the way to a Cowboys board meeting. Might have to swing by.

A buddy of mine has 4 of them, they are quite a car, a worth a bundle

hud

Another good one! :lol:

I had one but started pushing buttons before reading the owners manual. I can't find it now and neither can the repro company :)

I rode in a Edsel one time with automatic push button transmission in a Arizona Mescalero Reservation in the early 1970's, which would predate slightly before the Delorean. It was a trip. ^_^

Guest Texas Bounty Hunter

How many cowboys can you get in a Delorian? :huh:.............

none! :lol:

Not according to the folks on Pawn Stars. :P

Actually, DeLoreans are only worth much of anything if in near concourse pristine condition, Original or restored.

Plus, they performed about as good as a Ford Pinto.Totally underpowered with Ho-Hum handling.

As for the Pawn Star morons, they certainly don't know much about anything, particularly firearms, nor do their supposed experts on firearms.Plus they either outright lie to mislead customers or else truly are just ignorant.

My favorite was when a customer brought in a nice late 19th century Colt SAA and Pawn Stars called in their Firearms Expert...He confirmed what the Pawn Star Guy said about that Colt, that too bad it wasn't original as it didn't have matching serial numbers....when in fact the mismatched serial number he was referring to was the number on the loading gate which as we all know is not a serial number in the first place, but is simply a parts number.That is just one of the frequent 'mistakes' they make about firearms..their local expert knows even less than they do.Plus, they insist on firing everything including 16th and 17th century firearms, which in itslef is ridiculous to chance a mishap with a valuable and irreplaceable antique firearm by loading and shooting it.Makes true collectors go nuts!

It's all about entertainment value..the facts are secondary.

I was working across the street from a place that sold DeLoreans when the company went out of business. They had two new cars left, one stainless and one red, and wanted to sell them for $4,000.00 each or the pair for $7,500.00. Someone trucked them away when the building was sold and the new owners took over. Don't know what became of the cars.

Agree with the Pawn Stars thing. I saw that expert and the Old Colt. I bet they priced it high once it became theirs.

Texas Man

I rode in a Edsel one time with automatic push button transmission in a Arizona Mescalero Reservation in the early 1970's, which would predate slightly before the Delorean. It was a trip. ^_^

h, Chrysler started the push button tranny in the 50's, but Edsel carried it to new heights of ridiculousness by putting the buttons in the middle of the steering wheel and using them to activate push rods that went down the column.

I remember watching my neighbor try to fix one of those things for two solid days. When I saw he had it working, I went over to see how he had done it. There was a fresh cut hole in the floor and a brass stick comomng up through the floor. It was probably the only floor shift Edsel in the world.

Archived