SASS Wire Forum

The General is going to the CIA

The General would make a better Secretary of Defense, but with Obama's policies - that would probably frustrate him. Having chosen Leon Panetta?? ~ no comment there.

Good luck sounds about right I reckon.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I reckon all I can do without getting political is echo Gunners comments.

And to add I think Petraeus will do better at the Agency than Panetta.

But so would one of my neighbor's Herefords. <_<

It will be interest to see if Gen. Petreaus will keep the current Deputy Director, a career Intelligence Analyst. By law the DDCI cannot be another military person. It remains to be seen how much access to the President Petreaus will have.

When the office of National Intelligence Director was formed a couple of years ago, it added another layer of beaurocracy which, IMHO, was redundant. The DCI is, by law, required to coordinate the activities of all the intelligence agencies (not sure how many, but at least 17). He had a staff to assist in carrying out this mission. The DNI took over this function, in effect downgrading the DCI who was the primary intelligence source for the President.

Naming Petreaus DCI effectively quiets a voice objecting to any strategies being conducted in current wars. Everything will depend on how much access he will have to the President.

Naming Petreaus DCI effectively quiets a voice objecting to any strategies being conducted in current wars. Everything will depend on how much access he will have to the President.

As if anyone can tell if even is a strategy.

Archived