SASS Wire Forum

Comfortable Women's Boots

Dusty Morningwood

I want to surprise Red Molly with some new boots. She is finding that her ropers and other "cowboy" style boots give her fits on the gravel around so many of the ranges we shoot. So I thought some good lace up boots that maybe offer more padding in the soles? She likes B Western wear, so....

I just posted these on another thread. The Roper Kiltie are comfortable and have a spur ridge for spurs, wear like an athletic shoe. Click on the color and the picture will change, not B-Western flashy though. Good Luck :)

Roper Kiltie

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

B Western.... Lace up boots?

I thought we weren't supposed to wear lace ups if shooting B Western.

I could be mistaken.

When I wear my saloon girl outfits or my school marm outfits I wear lace ups.

I highly recommend Oaktree Farms "Steeple" boots. The heel is not too high.

I can wear them all day without my feet hurting. I'm on my second pair of black ones.

I wore out the sole and heel of the first pair. The top still looks great.

Hey Complicated Lady do you have a web site for those shoes, they sound like what my wife wants

Hey Complicated Lady do you have a web site for those shoes, they sound like what my wife wants

They are sold many different places. You can try Googling "Oaktree Farms boots"

I know Wild West Merchantile sells them. They are also on Ebay.

I would not pay more than $99 for a pair. I waited until I could get free shipping.

You can tell your wife they are "true to size" I wear a size 8 shoe, I wear a size 8 in that boot.

Good luck!

I want to surprise Red Molly with some new boots. She is finding that her ropers and other "cowboy" style boots give her fits on the gravel around so many of the ranges we shoot. So I thought some good lace up boots that maybe offer more padding in the soles? She likes B Western wear, so....

No can do, pard:

Boots are required and must be of traditional design with fancy stitching or multi-color

fancy design with with non-grip enhancing (i.e. “NO Lug”) soles. Lace up boots and

moccasins are not allowed.

Lorrie wears Ariats

From the company's web site:

http://www.oaktreefarms.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=steeple

As Allie Mo and Complicated Lady said, you can find some good prices if you search.

Thanks for the input. As Allie Mo said, RM like the look, but does not have to shoot the category. Comfort over style.

Thanks for the input. As Allie Mo said, RM like the look, but does not have to shoot the category. Comfort over style.

Dusty, check out Tim's Boots as well. Wildcat had to have an ankle replacement last year, and several of her boots were no longer suitable. We measured her foot carefully as per Tim's instructions, and had a a pair made for her. She almost cried when she put them on, saying they were the most comfortable boots she has ever worn.

Archived