SASS Wire Forum

Side matches @ End of Trail

Tell Sackett SASS 18436

Wasn't sure what "All you can shoot-$20" meant. Been to matches where you could shoot as many times as you wanted, but only the first time counted for score. Been to matches where you could shoot as many times as you wanted and your best time was the one counted for score. Wanted to be sure which one it was before sending in my money, so I called SASS to ask. Guess what-there's another option. You get to shoot each side match ONE time. That's not MY definition of "all you can shoot"! Is it yours?

Reckon we'll pass on that and save $40.

WOW... thanks!

Well, let's see... there's

Pocket pistol

Derringer

Speed pistol

Speed rifle

Speed Shotgun

Long Range Rifle..Single Shot smokeless

Long Range Rifle..Single Shot Blackpowder

Long Range Rifle..Lever pistol caliber

Long Range Rifle..Lever Rifle caliber

Long Range Pistol

Precision Pistol

Rimfire Pistol

Rimfire Rifle

I'm sure there's others I've forgot.

At $5 @.....$20 sounds like a good deal

It would take a lot of planning and a BIG gun cart to hold and haul all the guns and ammo to shoot all of these events in 1 day.

Don't ask me how I know this. Just sayin'

Big Jake

As far as side matches go, I don't shoot them all. In fact, I only have an interest in 2 or 3. At major shoots like COmin' At Cha and Winter Range I've shot as much speed shotgun as I care to throw ammo at just for the fun of it. Never shot pocket pistol or 22 or... any of the long range.

So for $20 if I can only shoot 4 shotgun that's getting pretty expensive unless I broaden my horizons a bunch. Maybe it's just an error.

For 20 bucks, that's all you can shoot. ;)

Utah Bob- that's what I said to my wife!

Brother King- I agree with you. I don't shoot all those things.

I may have been misinformed, but it was by SASS.

It just seems deceptive to me. Neither of us would win any of those sides, so I was thinking of "all you can shoot" as more warm-up for the main match.

You get to shoot all side matches for $20.00. Your first try is the one that will be counted for score. You may shoot each side match as many times as you wish after that.

Hope this clears up the issue. Per Misty Moonshine SASS Marketing.

Bighorn

Founders Ranch Manager

Thanks Bighorn!

You get to shoot all side matches for $20.00. Your first try is the one that will be counted for score. You may shoot each side match as many times as you wish after that.

Hope this clears up the issue. Per Misty Moonshine SASS Marketing.

Bighorn

Founders Ranch Manager

There will be an award for the first time thru for men and women as well as fastest overall time in the speed events. Also speed shotgun will have two catagories this year, double barrels and 87, 97.

Is there a hammered/ hammerless?

Brother King, speed shotgun will have two catagories. One will be for double barrels and the other will be for 87's and 97's together.

BK, that means that you should bring your hand biting hammered gun so I will have a chance :lol:

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

(stick with me BK and I will give ya some pointers on gaming :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Coyote Calhoun, SASS #201

You can shoot all you want. 1st time is for winner and the rest of the times are for fastest speed. I don't know who told you only once but they are wrong. All you can shoot is all you can shoot.

1st time is for winner and the rest of the times are for fastest speed.

So you're recognizing "Fastest First Time" and "Fastest"... period?

Archived