SASS Wire Forum

Harry Carey Jr. will have a birthday

Kansas City Jack #9243

A very happy birthday to the Abilene Kid!! And a very warm and heartfelt thank you of all the years of inspiration and entertainment you have give me and so many others. Your body of work covered the golden age of westerns in this country. You and your contemparies Mr. Cary defined what a cowboy was and is to generations of youngsters and adults alike. The measure of a man is not in what he takes, but rather in what he gives. You sir have given us a look at what is best in a man's character. Honesty, respect for yourself and others, a sense of fair play, and integrity will be your legecy. Not a bad life's work! Thanks for the memories. Happy Trails 'ol pard!!

With resepct and affection:

SHYNEE GRAVES (JACK VICK)

Happy Birthday Dobie, and thanks for all the great character roles you played over the years. I reckon I've seen just about every movie and TV episode you were ever in, including a black & white episode of Gunsmoke that was on earlier today. I've got your great book too. God bless you and keep on keeping on.

Greg Harrod

AKA "Grouchy Greg", SASS#71981

Pepper Mill Creek Gang

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Many thanks for your contribution to keeping us entertained by your many movie & tv appearances. I hope your special day is filled with much love and happiness.

TAKE CARE,

Red Leg Russ, SASS #41,697

Wishing you a very Happy birthday. When I went to see a John Wayne movie, I expected to see you and Ben Johnson staring also.

Always watching old movies, you pop up here and there. 12 Mile reef, Niagara and many many more. Thanks for all you have done.

Big Jake Sass life #1001

"Thank you Lieutenant. You're volunteering will go down on your record.....if you still wish to make a record, sir."

Capt. Brittles/John Wayne to Lt. Pennell(You)

--She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

Happy Birthday!....and thanks for making a record! I've enjoyed watching you from shavetail lieutenant to old, crusty jailer through the years. Your mastery of your craft endures. Thanks for the great performances on your 90th birthday!

"Keep it up, keep it up, that's all I'm askin' is keep it." Lt Pennell (You) to Lt Cohill/John Agar -- She Wore A Yellow Ribon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to one of the finest craftsmen to every grace the silver screen.

Dobe, I don't know what I could say that would add to any of the previous posts, or the ones to come after mine. It looks like there's a lot of folks on this Wire that feel the same way I do about all your work and how you've lived your life. They say it better than I can.

I do know that Ol' Ben, Duke and Ward, your Mom and Pop would be very proud of how you've "carried the torch".

With my utmost respect, I hope you have a wonderful Birthday.

Yours,

Rufus Cogburn

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite actors. Your father might have taught John Wayne how to walk, but you taught all of us how to smile. We all watched you grow from a youth to a man full grown with grace and style. Happy Birthday. :)

Archived