SASS Wire Forum

Never thought it would happen

A local new-ish shooter had a spare '73 for sale. After some negotiation we came to agreement on a price and did the deal. "It's had an action job" he said.

Well, it turns out it did have an action job and was short stroked by Cody. After I got it home I discovered it'd also suffered an OOB discharge at some point. The seller was unaware of it (as I said, new-ish shooter), and I didn't think to check the headspace, but it was way out there.

I called Cody today and he offered to either fix it if I sent it to him, or to teach me how to fix it. Cody spent a good while on the phone running through exactly what needed to be done, and in short order I was able to put it right and to check and make sure it was right.

Hats off to Cody for taking the time to "teach a man to fish" rather than simply giving him a fish. I learned something AND got my new (to me) rifle right. That's a good day. The Codymatic is a slick running rifle ;)

Now I gotta finish my "Convertible Cowboy Carrier" design for it. I got an idea how to make a C45S carrier that can be shifted in and out of gear so to speak, allowing either .45 Colt or C45S use with the same carrier......

But not tonight, or tomorrow. I gotta get some sleep if I can. Got a date with the "plumber" first thing in the AM to get this hitchiker removed from my bladder......

Good luck with the "plumber" I hope goes well and you heal up quick.

Good luck with the Plumber. And don't worry if you feel both his hands on your shoulders.

AJ:

ifn anyone can come up with a device to make the 73 perform like the WiddermAJik, it will be you, my friend.

I wish you well in your operation. Ifn you do happen to notice two hands on your shoulders, you really oughta ask for a discount..... :o

Keep in touch. Your on our prayer list.

..........Widder

Widowmaker, this be 2011, there are lots of female doctors now days so the two you feel on the shoulders just might not be hands! :rolleyes:

Slowhand Bob:

reminds me of when I had one of my neck stents put in. I had heard about the HUGE nurse that comes in the room to remove the ice pack from your 'upper leg area' and then supplies direct pressure on the entrance cut.

Well, about midnight, guess what.....two (yes 2) of the nicest looking young FEMALE nurses came into my room to remove the ice pack, check me out, and apply pressure to my entrance cut to ensure my artery opening was o.k. Of course, ole Widder just lays there and tells them to "Take your time.....your not ba ba ba ba bothering me"

True story

..........Widder

Well, I was pleasantly surprized this morning. After nearly 5 weeks since the presumptive diagnosis of cancer, waiting on the surgery (which ia altogether too much time waiting, as it wears on ya), The process itself was very smooth.

I reported at 6:45 AM for an 8:00 "trans-urethral tumor resection" and was awake in recovery by 9am, felt good, and by 10AM we were on our way home. Talk about a "speed stage", LOL. Of course I got a catheter for a couple of days, but all in all, the anticipation was far worse than the procedure.

Doc told the better half that the surgery went well, they got it all, no complications, and I ought to get a pathology report on Thursday when I go back to the doc for catheter removal.

It sounds very much like I will ALWAYS be a "cancer patient", but with adequate follow-up observation, frequent scoping with his magic wand (80% do come back, so ya gotta catch them early as well and remove em as need arises), I'll likely die of something else and never be "sick" because of the bladder cancer.

Thanks so much for all the good words, prayers and thoughts. Wish me luck when I go for the pathology report.....

Now I gotta just do not a whole lot for a few days.....

Now, lemme make a very serious recommendation. If you ever see or a doc tells you you have microscopic blood in your urine, DO NOT let em tell ya "it's probably a UTI". Insist on a urologist consult and a cystoscopy, PERIOD. Most of these things occur after age 60, but I'm 54, and it has happened to folks even in their 20s. NEVER let a doc pooh pooh it, and NEVER delay if ya see blood even once.

I saw blood once, they found microscopic blood ONCE, and two follow-up tests for microscopic blood came back clear. The doc THOUGHT it was an infection that had already cleared, but cystoscopy which he performed only as a "rule-out" precaution found the tumor early, and likely saved my life.

Prayers on the way from Texas for good report. Just got all the way throught with cancer on my wife she is cancer free and God did it all. Caught it early and two surgeries and 28 treatments. Praying for good reports for you.

Good on you, mate. Just remember what I told you before: Always unhook the catheter bag from the bed or the chair before you stand up.

Hey AJ

I'm real glad things went good with the plumber.

Now empty out your inbox, I couldn't send you a private message.

DJ

Howdy AJ,

I had the same last year (45 years old) and they put me on immunotherapy afterwards.

BCG immunotherapy[12] for early stage (non-invasive) bladder cancer utilizes instillation of attenuated live bacteria into the bladder, and is effective in preventing recurrence in up to two thirds of cases. (Wikipedia)

In summer my last round of it should do the trick.

I wish you luck and hope this info can help you.

Howdy AJ,

I had the same last year (45 years old) and they put me on immunotherapy afterwards.

BCG immunotherapy[12] for early stage (non-invasive) bladder cancer utilizes instillation of attenuated live bacteria into the bladder, and is effective in preventing recurrence in up to two thirds of cases. (Wikipedia)

In summer my last round of it should do the trick.

I wish you luck and hope this info can help you.

Though the protocols differ in the US vs Europe, my doc has mentioned BCG as a possibility. Gotta see what the pathology report says.....

Archived