SASS Wire Forum

Are you over 50?

Mokaac Kid

Don't be dismayed, the Huntsman Word Senior Games is for shooters 50 and over. This event hosted by the Dixie Desperados in St. George, Utah includes side matches, man-to-man, team shoots, and a 12 stage main match. Catigories include: Traditional, Gun Fighter, Duelist, Open Black Powder, and B-Western/Classic Cowboy or Cowgirl. Both men and women compete in 5-year age divisions in the main match. In addition to the shoot, participants enjoy all of the amenities of the Games including marching in full attire in the Opening Ceremonies, a sponsor provided social, free health screenings, an afficial Games shirt and many other "perks". Registration is now open at www.seniorgames.net or follow the link at dixiedesperados.com.

Thanks Mokaac kid for the heads up.

The Huntsman World Senior Games sponsored by the Dixie Desperados of St. George Utah, is a must shoot match for me. The very tippity top most import match for me to attend each year. BTW, the second most import match is the Ruckus at Red Rock, which was last weekend. Oh fu-ieeeee, I can not overlook the Revenge of Montezuma down in Cortez Colorado as being a must shoot too . I can not be all wrong... something like 18Austrailians, 2 from Netherlands and 4 from Germany shows that match to be awesome. That is for another thread.

Back to the Senior Games....Nothing like having a match just for us old farts w/o having those darn kids :lol::) running a muck :rolleyes: and winning everything. Bless those wee ones :P:P .

Check it out if you are anywhere close to SW Utah. I know, some live to far away,,,,, I understand......I too, can not attend your great matches east of the Mississippi or down in the great state of Texas.

Carry on,

Blastmaster

I was talking to my brother in Santa Clara (right next to St. George)while I was at Ruckus and he said he couldn't wait to turn 55 so he would be a senior and shoot in the Senior Games. He is a member of the Dixie Desperadoes as well. I told him I wasn't sure how to break it to him, but he is already a senior and has been elegible for two years plus this one. He looked shocked and said he would see me there. I think the shock was thinking of himself as a senior, he is the youngest brother and I am the oldest and he just never thought of us as the same group....... ^_^ Of course to me he will always be a little kid though..... :rolleyes:

Next year! I'm still still young and pretty for another year!

Rafe :FlagAm:

That makes you a Buckaroo ......@ the Senior Games. :)

Buckaroos are too young to shoot real guns......@ the Senior Games :P

That should make you feel good about yourself. :)

Darn pups,,,, they just want to go out and play with us ol , wise, experienced, seasoned Ol Dogs. :P

Say, did I ever tell you about how much fun it is to play in the road? Let me show you..... :lol:

Blastmaster

I'm not over 50.

My largest round is a .45.

Aunt Jen

Buckarette you are!! :D

BTW, ya just gotta be 50YO sometime during the year to qualify.

You can still come to the Senior Games and be a brasser for the possee I am on. :lol: Ya will still have fun. :P

Now, if we can only get Hells Comin, JT Wild and Reb to act their age,,,, and sloooooow down.

Blastmaster

Now, if we can only get Hells Comin, JT Wild and Reb to act their age,,,, and sloooooow down.

Blastmaster

Yeah, good luck with that! :lol:

Yeah, good luck with that! :lol:

I've heard from a reliable source that Reb is hard of hearing..... so,,,, if the TO could just put the timeer on "mute" when starting him, the rest of us could have a chance... :lol:

I suspect Reb would still whop on us anyway. :D

Somebody else will have to work on Hell's Comin' to slow him down. I haven't a clue, other than to get plum out of his way and wave him on through.

Wait, Hell's Comin' may be in another catagory than me at Senior games.... for that matter, Reb is in another catagory too,,, my problems with them two is solved.

Blastmaster

two more years!!!! And I beat my husband by two weeks,and we were born in different years!!! go figure that one! Ha. Soooo...I get to shoot a match that he can't!

That is the only way I will best him. Oh and for 12 mile Reb....POSSEE 3 !!!!! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have not had the privilege of shooting the Huntsman World Senior Games go check out last years report in the March 2010 Cowboy Chronicle.

Do your body and mind both have to be over 50? Cause I got a mismatch thing goin. :lol:

Just your body Bob...chrono...Chronol...onogly.....dag gone it....number of years u bin on the planet.....not your mental age...... :lol:

Shoot - ifin it was mental or emotional age....there would be a lot of us that couldn't shoot.......just ask our wives.... :wub:

Regards...Wolf

Well I will throw in my .02

This shoot is one that should not be missed!!!

The Dixie Desperados put on a first class match at a terrific venue. If Mokaac Kid is writing the stages like last time they will be fast but challenging for everybody. But still very "doable"

I have been to 3 now and each was more polished than the last so I am expecting great things from this years event.

See ya there

regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I will be the Match Director and writing some of the stages. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Senior Games and Huntsmans has some great things planned, like free registration for life.

Not for all. We do have several shooters who have never missed a year. This is our 9th year with the games.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived