SASS Wire Forum

You Can Tell A Politician

Subdeacon Joe

I found this on another forum.

Politcians....

“Excuse me!” said the driver to the pedestrian. “I promised to give a speech at 2pm—but I’m an hour late, and completely lost! Could you help me?”

“Sure,” said the pedestrian. “You’re 1.3 miles from the exact center of The City. Your exact latitude is 38o 33' 30"N, longitude 121o 28' 8"W.”

“You’re an engineer, aren’t you?” said the driver.

“Why, yes I am!” said the pedestrian, amazed. “How did you know?”

“Very simple,” said the driver. “Because everything you’ve told me is technically correct—but I’m still lost, I’m still late, and I can’t do anything with the information you’ve given me!”

The pedestrian looks at the driver. “You’re a politician, aren’t you,” he says with a shrewd look.

The driver perks up, thinking he’s been recognized. “Why, yes I am,” he says proudly. “How did you know?”

“Very simple,” says the pedestrian. “Because you don’t know where you are or where you’re going, you’ve made a promise you can’t keep, and you expect someone else to solve your problems. In fact, you’re in exactly the same situation you were in before you asked for my help—yet somehow, it’s now all my fault.”

You left out the part where the politician asked for a third of the engineer's paycheck.

Ask??????? When did they start ASKING?

Archived