SASS Wire Forum

Need advice on spurs.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Don't want to hijack another thread. I have had a couple of pair of cheap jingle bob spurs but they always pinch my feet terribly, no matter how much I bend or try to make them work I can hardly walk they pinch so bad. How do you get a set to fit you. I don't want to spend $1k plus though. Any advice or tricks would be welcome.

I bend them till they do not clamp on the boot but sit on the heel shelf that way it does not pinch my foot :rolleyes:

+2 I kinda do the same thing...

If they are pinching because the heel portion is too narrow.. I've went so far as to put it in a wood vice (rowel portion in vice with strap portions sticking up) place a 2x4 in the back curved area and smack it with the almighty hammer many times till I can get the arc larger...(bending it)

If they are pinching where the straps go on... I use the same wood vise and then pull (bend) the tips apart :blush:

Rance <_<

thinkin' this might help Deuce.. Good Luck

Don't want to hijack another thread. I have had a couple of pair of cheap jingle bob spurs but they always pinch my feet terribly, no matter how much I bend or try to make them work I can hardly walk they pinch so bad. How do you get a set to fit you. I don't want to spend $1k plus though. Any advice or tricks would be welcome.

Howdy Deuce,

Some spurs are designed to rest on the heel shelf of your boots, if your boots have a heel shelf, and some are designed to rest on the heel and some very high on the heel, such as Buermann large rowel spurs. Spurs should be comfortable to wear and spur straps should not be over tightened. If you could send me some photos of your spurs on your boots I might be able to give you some suggestions. Send to roy@rroldwest.com

Happy trails Pard,

Roy

Deuce ,

Get ahold of Whimpy Hank Yoho .......one of the Lindholm Brothers .....they make em and am sure he can help ya out with how to fit em .........the anvil way would work fer sure if ya have one like Jackson said

Hi Deuce,

I second this and not just because Wimpy is one of my best friends.;):wub:

Their spurs are beautiful and high quality. They do custom work in addition to having molds and designs for 200 different styles.

Another reason I recommend them is because they are the most generous vendors I've encountered. They donate many (20 or more) pairs a year to various matches and Breast Cancer Research raffles.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Deuce,

I second this and not just because Wimpy is one of my best friends.;):wub:

Their spurs are beautiful and high quality. They do custom work in addition to having molds and designs for 200 different styles.

Another reason I recommend them is because they are the most generous vendors I've encountered. They donate many (20 or more) pairs a year to various matches and Breast Cancer Research raffles.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I 3rd this.. What Allie Mo said.. great people..

I have a pair of their spurs and yes bought from a Charity Match Auction.. they are great..

Another thing to consider Deuce.. there are regular boots and cowboy boots.. and then there are boots with what's called a spur ridge heel...

These (spur ridge) are the typed of boots that you can just sit the spurs on the heel ridge and enjoy..

Rance <_<

thinkin' new pair of boots :rolleyes:

I 3rd this.. What Allie Mo said.. great people..

I have a pair of their spurs and yes bought from a Charity Match Auction.. they are great..

Another thing to consider Deuce.. there are regular boots and cowboy boots.. and then there are boots with what's called a spur ridge heel...

These (spur ridge) are the typed of boots that you can just sit the spurs on the heel ridge and enjoy..

Rance <_<

thinkin' new pair of boots :rolleyes:

Duece, I go along with the idea of Lindholm spurs...they are great spurs from great people!!

I've had other spurs that i had to fit, but haven't worn them since I got a pair from Wimpy!

See ya in a few at Paradise,

Cheyenne

Archived