SASS Wire Forum

Frontiersman vs Frontier Cartridge

Rum River #36276

I know the difference between these two (other than the revolvers themselves) is that Frontiersman is shot duelist where Frontier Cartridge may be shot two handed. I love shooting cap & ball, but my hands are in too tough o' shape (long story) to shoot duelist.

At your various clubs/shoots, have shooters shot Frontier Cartridge class using Frontiersman revolvers so they can shoot two handed?

I'm going to check at my club before hand, but am just curious if other shooters have done the same thing.

To expound on what Wallaby Jack offered, cap and ball guns are legal in any SASS Category. They must be fired in accordance with the restrictions and prohibitions of the category you have chosen.

To expound on what Wallaby Jack offered, cap and ball guns are legal in any SASS Category. They must be fired in accordance with the restrictions and prohibitions of the category you have chosen.

Even "B" Western?

Yes, even

"B" WESTERN

Any main match revolver.

You question Goody?, Who is like PWB, when it comes to rules, except bigger and with shorter hair!

Yes you can ! ..... and, if you are shooting in an "age" category, you can use smokeless powder in your rifle and/or shotgun too.

This didn't make any sense at first, I thought you were saying you could use smokeless in rifle & shotgun in some heretofore unheard of age based Frontier Cartridge and Frontiersman categories. :lol: I ain't worth a hoot til after my first gallon of coffee. :blush:

Rum River, you can shoot C&B in any category, so go ahead and shoot an age based category with C&B revolvers and smokeless rifle & shotgun if you want. I used to shoot my adjustable sight ROA's in Modern ever' once in awhile just for the fun of it. Alas, Modern is no more. :(

Archived