SASS Wire Forum

Lighting Rifles?

That pretty much sums it up are there any out there from the factory that actually work or is that wishful thinking, spend a grand on the rifle then spend that much to get it to work, what says you pards . ive been wanting one but dont know if i should spend the $$$$ Any Help out there..... thanks Mash

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168218

are there any out there from the factory that actually work

Some do and more than some don't

Jack, you may also want to do a search on the Wire. Several other threads discussing the Lightning - correct spelling, not Lighting

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168218

Some do and more than some don't

Jack, you may also want to do a search on the Wire. Several other threads discussing the Lightning - correct spelling, not Lighting

Depends. For the most part, AWA, Uberti and Pedersoli rifles work. The general consensus on the Taurus is that they make good tomato stakes; although Deadeye Dallas seems to be having some luck making them work now.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke with my AWA that works) McGee

That pretty much sums it up are there any out there from the factory that actually work or is that wishful thinking, spend a grand on the rifle then spend that much to get it to work, what says you pards . ive been wanting one but dont know if i should spend the $$$$ Any Help out there..... thanks Mash

My impressions from owning 2 and shooting a few more:

Uberti/Beretta: Can be pretty reliable with a little tuning.

AWA: takes a little more tuning, but can be blazing fast.

Taurus: If you get one to work, you are probably a little lucky and have spent more with a smith than you did with a dealer.

Pedrersoli: Probably the best out of the box, and the most reliable. The only minus is that they will not slam fire and will not keep up with a slick AWA on a rifle "dump" stage.

I make no claims that my opinions are any better than anyone else's.

Archived